Senior Consulting Actuary, Health & Benefits 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CBIZ Employee Services Organization is the employee benefits consulting and HR technology administration division within CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services, Inc.
CBIZ provides a full suite of services to organizations seeking quality and cost-efficiency in their operations. Our most broad services focus on benefits, insurance, financial and accounting consulting.
Ranked as one of the Top 10 U.S. Benefits Specialist since 2002 (Business Insurance Magazine) and one of America s Best Employers (Forbes 2015), CBIZ ESO has approximately 1,000 professionals in nearly 40 offices throughout the United States. These professionals serve client organizations in an array of industries by combining their local expertise and presence with the strength and support of national resources.
We are seeking a results-oriented individual to work as a Health and Benefits Consulting Actuary in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment. One position is available at this time in the Philadelphia office.
Job Purpose/ Objective:
* Functions as part of department management team
* Provides strategic service directly to clients
* Manages and develops staff
* Regarded as a Subject Matter Expert within business unit and shares knowledge
* Make recommendations on internal department procedures
* Recognize business opportunities for our clients and for CBIZ
* Assume significant client responsibility as client s trusted advisor, is relied upon for knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
Prepare annual valuations of post-retirement healthcare benefit plans
Provide related healthcare consulting services for both single and multi-employer plans
Analyze actuarial and business impacts of new regulations on existing plans * Manage staff on engagement deliverables, complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met
* Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentation and proposal development and meet individual cross serve goals
* Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; develop overall engagement budget, explain variances
* Understand client s Plan needs as applicable
* Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
* Work to develop responsible, trained staff by conducting performance feedback and evaluations
* Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and builds a positive culture
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another technical related field
* 8 years of experience in Health and Welfare/ Actuarial insurance or related
* 5 years supervisory experience
* Actuarial Exams required/ ASA Preferred
* Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
* Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf