Senior Consumer Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
A FIPS Security Engineer ' s primary responsibility is to evaluate products for compliance to applicable security requirements within one or more UL Transaction Security programs. A FIPS Security Engineer manages their assigned projects, assures execution of each project within the contracted schedule, and communicates project status to the customer and to the UL Transaction Security management team. A FIPS Security Engineer may be tasked with special projects, such as infrastructure improvements or training development. A moderate level of travel is expected (less than 20%).
Complete UL Transaction Security FIPS Security Engineer training.
* Review documentation for conformance to a set of security requirements.
* Write technical assessments based on analysis of hardware and software designs.
* Interact with the customer to plan, schedule, and execute all aspects of an evaluation, including kickoff meeting, documentation evaluation, and operational testing.
* Plan and manage project schedules.
* Report the project status to the customer and internal management on a scheduled basis.
* Conduct training workshops on customer's product design for compliance against the applicable security requirements.
* Present applicable standards overview and documentation requirements to customers.
* Provide internal engineer training within areas of his/her proficiency.
* Broad knowledge of software and hardware IT products. Technologies include Operating Systems, applications, networking appliances and peripheral components.
* Knowledge of cryptography preferred.
* Ability to develop testing methodologies to prove the IT product functionally meets the security claims.
* Can comprehend specifications, architectural and high level design, functional specifications and source code.
* Understands distinctions between standards requirements and the resulting product or system security.
* Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and convey information to customers or colleagues in a clear and concise method (written and verbal) using data or concrete examples.
* Proficient in written and verbal communication.
* Comfortable with speaking and conducting meetings to groups of unknown attendees.
* Balances the customers' needs with technical and process requirements and the intent of the standard.
* Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or other related discipline; equivalent experience may be acceptable.
* The ideal candidate will have a background in computer networking including:
* An understanding of how networks function,
* The ability to identify major network components,
Basic functional knowledge of those networking components (including references to the OSI model).