Senior Content Delivery Network Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 2013, with 70+ employees and growing, an exciting Denver-based start-up has an opportunity available for a SENIOR CONTENT DELIVERY NETWORK ENGINEER. This next generation service provider is spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social and digital life. This position will be a member of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video delivery platform as well as the video distribution and delivery.
Our client is especially interested in your abilities with some or most of the following:
* Developing, integrating and testing of complex IP video delivery system utilizing Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and Web Server technologies
* Developing, configuring and deploying of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache, Apache Traffic Server, ModProxy, IIS, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
* Assisting with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; working with vendors to develop, integrating and testing hardware/software
* Maintaining communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product
* Working jointly with the Product development teams to innovate and also identify/resolve issues
* Developing product instrumentation and test automation
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
* Experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as Apache, Apache Traffic Server, ModProxy, IIS, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc
* Experience working with DNS, Anycast, HTTP, REST, JSON, XML and other web and network technologies
* Implementation of web systems in LAMP stack environment
* Experience development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment
* Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies
* Experience configuring and deploying in a virtualized environment such as VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, etc.
* Knowledge and application of coding and scripting required (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc.)
* Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced startup environment
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
* Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines
* Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree with a concentration in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
You will fit in well if you are willing to put the customer first, are collaborative, are inventive, and are driven to succeed. In addition to the exciting work happening there, our client has an awesome, brand new location in LoDo, steps away from Union Station, the 16th Street Mall and public transportation! If you're interested in joining a close-knit rapidly growing group of employees who like to work hard and have fun together, in an environment where they're always adding new perks as they grow, then THIS is the place for you!