Senior Contract Analytics Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Company
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of SENIOR CONTRACTS ANALYTICS MANAGER, based in South San Francisco.
The Senior Contract Analytics Manager will be responsible for forecasting, analyzing and reporting Actelions Market Access rebate, chargeback and distribution data. This position will interface with Managed Markets and Specialty Pharmacy Account Managers and external customers to ensure appropriate validation, analytics and reporting of data and to share insights from the information. The Senior Manager will inform Actelions contract guidelines and evaluate the effectiveness of prior agreement terms.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develops analytics to inform, guide and support contracting opportunities that promote the positioning of Actelion products with payers and pharmacies.
* Develop models and documentation for the analysis of Payer, Specialty Pharmacy and Distribution data.
* Partner with the managed markets account managers during the bidding process to provide analyses and proposals, such as break-even analysis, what-if analysis, inform the bidding strategies, avoid revenue leakage and maximize returns.
* Initiate the contracting process, circulate term sheets, and monitor the contract negotiation process to ensure the rebate terms in the contract align with the ones in the bidding term sheet.
* Configure and manage the contract analytics system to perform Pre-Deal, Post-Deal, and Gross to Net analyses for Actelions managed markets contracts.
* Create validation procedures and documentation for Market Access rebate, chargeback, specialty pharmacy and distribution invoices to ensure payments are accurate.
* Analyze impact of price changes on gross and net profitability.
* Partner with Contract Operations, Managed Markets and Pharmacy Access to troubleshoot issues related to rebate invoice and data, and reporting.
* Analyze sales, chargebacks and rebate data to inform financial accruals and net contribution analyses.
* Provide ad hoc analysis and research for the managed market, specialty pharmacy and distribution groups.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BA/BS with 10 years relevant experience of which five years are in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
* Degree in statistics, finance or accounting
* 5 years experience in analytics, finance, or managed markets
* Familiar with pharmaceutical Market Access data and standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Experience with Market Access and/or Gross-To-Net software a plus
* Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) with ability to learn new software
* Experience working with database applications, spreadsheets, and creating and delivering financial models and presentations.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement