This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
National Waste Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONNational Waste Associates is a 19year old privately owned, dynamic company built on 4 generations of waste removal experience. NWA, a third party outsource company, manages the waste and recycling services of large organizations with multiple locations, typically 100 to 5,. NWA caters to customers who require high quality service that allows them to focus on their own business rather than the waste removal business. NWA proactively develops waste reduction solutions that include increasing recycling services, which in turn saves them money and reduces their carbon foot print. We leverage cutting-edge technology, unique data, vendor and location analytics to negotiate and establish the best solutions for our clients who want individualized strategies and results.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management to join our team. This is a highly demanding and fast paced full time position.
* Guide, direct, and coordinate the accounting staff in carrying out the accounting functions of the Company.
* Prepare the financial statements and tax records for examination by the Company's outside accounting firm.
* Work with the outside accounting firm during their performance of the annual audit in order to minimize the audit fees.
* Prepare the requisite data for state and federal income tax returns for review by the Company's outside accounting firm.
* Prepare cash management projections, to work with other managers of the Company to assess various alternatives, and to make recommendations from the available alternatives.
* Communicate and interface with colleagues, to manage and to motivate accounting group personnel, and make constructive service suggestions.
* Maintain up to date technical competencies in generally accepted accounting principles, computers, and general corporate tax matters.
* Knowledge of MS Office, QuickBooks - Enterprise, and other systems supporting the Company's accounting needs.
* Overall knowledge will include past responsibility in AR, AP, GL, tax preparation and filing, budget planning, financial reports, banking, auditing internal records and results, payroll, and credit and collections.
* Manage payroll function; health benefits and 401k.
* Ability to maintain compliance for company licenses with regulatory agencies.
* Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
* Confidentiality and understands the ethical standards of accounting
* Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
* Accountability, attention to detail and exceptional work ethic.
* Strong Management skills to include the creations of MBO's, SMIP's SMIP and PIP's.
* Excellent Excel and Word Skills
* AS400 experience is a plus