Senior Controls Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMcKinstry FMS LLC, a division of Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Facilities division.
Since the late 1990s, McKinstry has built an unparalleled technical competence in data center facility management, with a track record of delivering greater than 99.99 percent uptime. Brookfield GIS is Canada s leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, critical environments facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services. Together, the two entities will be one of the largest and most trusted providers of critical environment facilities management in North America. McKinstry FMS, LLC was formed to manage McKinstry s facilities management line of business and prepare for expansion.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
Purpose Statement: Delivers uninterrupted daily controls service
* Manages a team of controls technicians and vendors
* Managerial functions including hiring and coaching.
* Direct team to ensure successful achievement of business goals and process adhesion.
* Coach, mentor and develop members of the team, including conducting goal setting worksheets and performance reviews.
* Act as steward of Brookfield GIS culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
* Develop and manage employee training programs.
* Support and assist Critical Environments Team in the administration of the controls programs.
* Assist in the resolution of facility-related technical issues.
Coordinate Facility Operations
* Maintains positive customer relationships.
* Create employee work schedules.
* Oversees controls preventive maintenance tasks.
* Maintain controls records and standards.
* Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporing tasks.
Maintain Facility Standards
* Ensure vendor employees are familiar with building systems, are properly equipped, are familiar with required tools.
* Act as a technical resource.
* Develop and stay current on all controls systems, procedures and processes.
* Act as the site Subject Matter Expert (SME) for controls systems.
* Ensure compliance with site specific facility operating procedures, processes, work rules and regulations.
* Comply with national, state and local safety and operating codes.
* Maintain training and instructional materials for vendor employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Facilities Management, and Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Two (2) years working knowledge of Critical Environment operations preferred.
* Five (5) years of controls programing/integration experience required.
* BMS programming experience in ALC, Delta Controls or similar system preferred.
* Experienced in integration of OSIsoft preferred.
* SCADA/EPMS systems experience preferred.
* IT networking and server administration experience preferred.
* Demonstrated ability in establishing vendor and client relationships.
* Demonstrated ability in managing and leading teams.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Key Words: Building management systems, BMS, EPMS, electronic, digital, controls, SCADA, OSIsoft, ALC, Delta Controls, IT Nnetworking, server administration, critical environment, programming