Senior Controls Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
A. BASIC FUNCTION:
Designs and develops all aspects of electrical control systems for automated packaging machinery. Responsible for the application and technical support of PLC and servo based hardware and software. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the field of Electro-Mechanical equipment design and manufacture. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision; reports to a Project Engineer. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
B. PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
50% -- Prepare detailed designs based on written and verbal specifications of desired machinery function.
10% -- Prepare detailed specifications, BOM's and cost estimates for customer driven requirements.
10% -- Troubleshoot problems occurring during development, assembly, testing, or commissioning of machinery.
10% -- Supervise design support functions as required to facilitate delivery of assigned projects.
10% -- Provide in-field and phone support for Service related activities. Travel up to 25% may be required.
5% -- Support Sales, Project Management, Assembly and Manufacturing functions, as required.
5% -- Provide engineering support to product lifecycle management and other processes as assigned.
C. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Ability to prepare thorough detailed hardware designs and programs.
2) Ability to provide sound design judgment and to contribute technical knowledge to cross-functional teams, in a professional manner.
3) Excellent technical, verbal communication, organizational, and problem solving
1) Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
2) Minimum 5-6 Years #PLC, #HMI, #Servo control and systems integration experience.
3) 3 year AutoCAD experience.
4) #Robotic integration experience a plus