Senior Cooling Engineer_Ice and Water Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a ICE AND WATER ENGINEER opening to join our REFRIGERATION ENGINEERING ORGANIZATION.
DAY TO DAY (WHAT A TYPICAL DAY OR WEEK LOOKS LIKE IN THIS ROLE)
Today, you might be Senior Engineer. Tomorrow, you'll be Lead I&W Subsystem.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Product development in refrigeration
* Lab experimentation for products and components using thermal chambers, wind tunnels, calorimeters, etc.
* Analysis of simulation results related to refrigeration system, fluid mechanics, heat transfer and air-flow
* Use critical thinking and engineering fundamentals to truly understand physics of failures pertaining to Ice and Water systems and develop robust solutions to eliminate these failures
* Refrigeration Ice & Water component/sub-system design
* Find innovative ways to reduce cost and improve quality to drive product leadership in the market
* Participate in go and see visits to integrate voice of customer to existing/new designs and products
* Development of new features in collaboration with cross-functional partners
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Mechanical EngineerDegreerequired.
* A minimum of 2years of industry experience in product development using fluid mechanics, thermal sciences, and solid mechanics fundamentals. Research activities focused in fields of
thermal sciences like: HVAC, automotive, thermal components.is a plus* Problem solving attitude, willingness to adapt to fast changes and an open mind
* Good communication and presentation skills and teamwork.
* Leadership and autonomy.
* Desire to learn and grow
* Advanced Degree: Mechanical, Electrical