Senior Copy Editor
Pace is North America's leading independent content agency, specializing in multichannel branded content solutions that fuel loyalty, CRM, marketing, digital and social programs for many of the world's largest brands. We have a staff of more than 330 professionals located in five offices across the U.S. - Greensboro, North Carolina; New York; Dallas; San Antonio; and Rogers, Arkansas. We help our clients navigate through the complex marketing landscape to develop programs that deliver targeted outcomes.
This Senior Copy Editor position is the best of both worlds: You ll focus your sharply honed eagle eye on our print and digital copy to correct mistakes and style issues. Plus, you ll have ample time to stretch your creative muscle by writing and editing stories. The team you ll join creates a consumer-facing magazine and digital content, primarily focused on auto, travel and financial topics. In addition to having 100% responsibility for copyediting, you ll also own specific stories from conceptualization to writing and editing (captions, trimming, etc.) to pushing stories through the production process. You ll be an integral member of the team as both a copy editor and content creator participating in client calls, brainstorming sessions and more.
Education: Bachelor s Degree in Journalism, English, or related
Experience: Minimum of 5 years in the writing and editing industry or in the content-marketing industry. Some client work is helpful.
* You possess exceptional copy editing, proofreading, writing and reporting skills.
* You love copy editing, and you also love the creative outlet of writing stories and creating engaging pages by adding the perfect headline, insightful captions and trimming to fit.
* You have excellent writing skills with the clips to prove it.
* You have a mastery of the mechanics of English grammar, syntax, punctuation and a sharp eye for editing and proofreading copy.
* You take pride in doing first-rate work, while understanding that we re creating our client s product, not your own. Thus, you have an inherent respect brand guidelines and brand voice.
* Copy edit all copy for magazine and website.
* Maintain our internal Style Guide and stay abreast of client and AP Style.
* Write and/or edit a few stories bimonthly for the magazine and website.
* Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
* Attend client calls and develop a deep working knowledge of the brand, its products and services.
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer