Senior Corporate Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 16081
Areas of Interest: Accounting; Auditing
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .The Senior Corporate Auditor is primarily responsible for the planning, performance and documentation of field work to evaluate the effectiveness of controls and compliance with bank policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements. The Senior Auditor ensures procedures adequately address the identified risks of each audit area, ensuring automation of procedures whenever possible. Audits may be financial, operational or governance focused.
The Senior Corporate Auditor assists with planning the audit engagement and preparing and reporting audit comments and providing recommendations to address the root cause of issues.
The Senior Corporate Auditor develops subject matter expertise in a particular business line, regulatory and/or financial reporting topics. Such expertise is typically supported by detailed research of complex technical processes, authoritative guidance or regulations.
The Senior Corporate Auditor s work incorporates auditing standards, guidance and frameworks issued by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), as well as state and federal banking regulatory agencies, including, but not limited to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs, supervises and documents fieldwork for financial, operational and corporate governance audits. Reviews and evaluates detailed operating procedures and processes. Analyzes results of testing and investigates exceptions through discussions with appropriate personnel, additional research and testing as necessary. Identifies internal control deficiencies and other audit issues, exceptions and concerns as well as the related root cause. Works with Corporate Audit Manager to draft audit comments and recommend specific measures to address deficiencies.
- Participates in planning audits with Corporate Audit Manager, ensuring the scope and testing are appropriate based on the assessed risk and automation is utilized whenever possible. As applicable, determines staffing needs, work priorities and Corporate Staff Auditor work assignments. Ensures staff understands audit objectives, timelines and expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and bank regulatory audit standards
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, and operations
- CPA or working toward certification required
- Excellent analytical, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent PC and software skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Well-developed ability to analyze data and to identify and resolve exceptions with internal customers
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and to understand and explain complex banking and financial reporting topics
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with demonstrated ability to meet deadlinesThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with as minimum of 150 semester hours and 4+ years aggregate, related audit experience with a Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm serving financial institutions. Regulatory agency and/or bank internal audit group experience will be considered. A Master s degree is preferred.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.