Senior Corporate Development Analyst 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AeroFarms is dedicated to enabling local production at commercial scale in different markets throughout the world. We are focused on developing local farms that grow flavorful, safe, pesticide-free produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple and transparent supply chain. As we scale, we are looking for dedicated people who can help us address our global food crisis and fundamentally transform agriculture.
AeroFarms is building a new state-of- the-art facility in Newark, NJ that will be the world's largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens and herbs and will serve the NY Metro area. AeroFarms plans a significant scaling of the business, including facilities in additional cities in the near-term. In addition to North America, the company also has farms under development in other regions of the world.
You will report to the VP of Corporate Development and will be responsible for maintaining the Corporate Development team's financial models, conducting market research, business and financial analysis of new market opportunities and detailed reporting on the company's current active projects. You will support AeroFarms' entry into new markets. The position will require excellent communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a strong command of financial modeling, and financial and accounting principles.
The Analyst will experience significant exposure to various aspects of the company's business and to senior management through projects and assignments and is expected to transition to another role within the company.
Main activities to include:
* Financial Modeling: Develop and refine financial models, including cash flow models and financial statements
* Market Development: Support the development team in market research and analysis that informs project selection; assimilate information and build business cases for market development
* Project Development: Support the development and closing of projects, including siting, permitting, customer acquisition and financing; prepare proposals and applications to various incentive programs, prepare presentations for prospective customers, partners and stakeholders; support due diligence and closing
* Project Management. Monitor and deliver project checklists and timelines. Drive assigned tasks to completed outcomes
* Special Projects. Under the direction of management, support projects across a variety of disciplines related to accomplishment of strategic objectives of the company
The hard working, self-motivated candidate will possess:
* 4+ years in an analyst role managing financial models, providing research and analysis influencing key decision making, and supporting strategic initiatives
* High Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to collaborate with finance, operations, engineering and horticulture teams to effectively achieve required outcomes
* Investment banking, private equity, consulting or corporate strategy experience preferred
* Must be detail oriented and well organized
* Ability to travel (approximately 25% time)