Senior Corporate Practices Advisor Global Oceans
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONArlington, Virginia (VA)AA100WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Senior Corporate Practices Advisor for Global Oceans is a member of the Corporate Engagement Program in External Affairs and serves as an embedded member of the Global Oceans team. S/he develops, coordinates and implements corporate engagements that will deliver against the Conservancy's Global Oceans goals.This is a 20 hour/week, part time position that will be funded for 12 months, with the potential for future fundingESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe Senior Corporate Practices Advisor for Global Oceans develops and implements strategy for engaging companies to further the Conservancy's Global Oceans goals. The Advisor coordinates and integrates all aspects of corporate outreach in service of TNC's Global Oceans priorities.This position reports to the Managing Director, Corporate Engagement, and has a dotted line relationship to and will work closely with the Global Managing Director, Oceans and oceans strategy leads to ensure progress towards the Global Oceans Team's goals.RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
* Develop relationships and works effectively with corporate partners.
* Guide collaboration and coordination with a number of multinational companies across industries.
* With a team, design and manage major meetings, including gatherings of corporate, government, and non-governmental representatives.
* Able to communicate professionally with a wide variety of people from different cultures.
* Demonstrates strong communications and presentation skills.Able to prepare and present project proposals and negotiate with the business and corporate sector to achieve program goals.
* Persuasively conveys the mission of TNC to diverse groups who are critical to the Conservancy's overall strategies.
* Works in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative and advisory capacity.
* Develops and implements multi-year fundraising strategies, and goals for the corporate sector as a part of the overall corporate practices strategy.
* Effectively directs and or participates in complex negotiations.
* Develops constructive and effective working relationships and liaise among teams inside and outside the Conservancy.
* May supervise administrative and professional staff with responsibility for performance management, training and development.
* Manage internal corporate registry and information flow for various internal needs including the TNC Global BoardMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in political science, environmental policy, business or related field and 6 years of corporate sector experience, government relations experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
* Experience preparing and presenting project proposals and negotiating complex high profile or sensitive agreements or projects.
* Communication and presentation skills.Able to communicate professionally with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds.
* Experience conceiving and implementing strategic initiatives.
* Fluency in English.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Master's degree (MBA or other)
* Experience advancing solutions to climate change and for protecting Oceans and Coasts, ideally with companies.
* Understands corporate sector dynamics and issues in regards to business responsibility and sustainability.
* Experience presenting to and communicating with executive levels in a corporate setting.Excellent presentation skills.
* Excellent team player with experience working in multi-disciplinary groups, using influence and interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with corporations, governments, partners, and all levels of staff.
* Project management experience including coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside an organization.
* Experience working with partners/government agencies.
* Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
* International experience and language skills.
* Strong basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint or the equivalent programs)HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44637, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 7, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Senior Corporate Practices Advisor - Global Oceans
* DC Metro Area
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Part-Time .