Senior Cost Estimator 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Brook Street is accepting resumes for our client which is an award winning, top integrated AEC design led firm located in Darien, Illinois. They currently have an opening for a Senior Cost Estimator to work in their Pre-Construction Group. They have a broad client focus, including institutional markets such as schools and municipalities, corporate clients, private developers and federal agencies. Candidates must be able to work equally well with clients, architects and construction staff. We are looking for highly motivated self-starters to work in our fast paced and energized Construction Department.
SENIOR COST ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Planning & coordinating estimating functions for commercial/institutional construction projects
* Estimate values under his/her supervision & identify
* Review proposal specifications & drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and bidding requirements
* Participate in bid strategy meetings & presentation meetings as required
* Participate in hard bidding of commercial & institutional projects
* Provide technical support and/or prepare estimates as required to assist in the "sale" of a project for the company
* Assign work scopes to various trade contractors to result in a complete estimate & be accountable for the accuracy of the estimate prepared
* Review historical data from previous contracts, purchase orders, etc., and incorporate the information into an estimating database
SENIOR COST ESTIMATOR REQUIREMENTS:
* Extensive (7+ years) practical experience estimating for construction
* Excellent oral & written communication skills
* Outstanding organizational & time management skills
* A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management , Architecture, Engineering or equivalent experience
* Must be decisive & have excellent problem solving & leadership abilities
* Prior relationships with various trade contractors to assist in the bidding and estimating of work is required
* Ability to interface with owners, architects, engineers & contractors in developing & clarifying scope
* Experience with estimating software programs is required. Experience with BIM, Navisworks or other integrated AEC design programs is a plus.
* Experience with conceptual estimating, various design phase estimating and hard bidding of commercial construction projects
We are looking forward to speaking with well-qualified candidates and filling this position, so APPLY TODAY!