Senior Counsel, ERISA
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Counsel, ERISA
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Legal team in Lincolnshire, IL.
Your Impact As A Senior Counsel, ERISA
This Aon Hewitt Law Department Senior Counsel role will provide legal counsel and advice to our Retirement & Investment businesses related to our products and services. Our Regulatory and Legal Operations attorneys utilize a wide range of legal expertise and work alongside our leaders to bring legal perspective, insight, knowledge, and practical experience to the development and delivery of our Retirement & Investment products and services. We work with company leaders to design, maintain, and deliver our products and services to clients and their participants in a manner consistent with our contracts, regulatory and statutory requirements, and industry standards. We are looking for individuals who are self-starters, think beyond the issues at hand, help create administrative solutions where none are immediately apparent, and build rapport quickly in new situations across a broad range of individuals. Aon Hewitt distinguishes itself from other consulting firms not only through its process, but more importantly through its collaborative culture and client focus.
Accountabilities and Desired Performance Results
* The primary focus of this counsel role will be applying expertise and experience in the area of Retirement & Investment to counsel and provide advice to the business related to the delivery and compliance of our products and services
* This counsel role will work directly with clients and their legal counsel to build relationships, identify needs and provide solutions that support the client's outsourcing and consulting goals
* This role will work with leaders to identify and develop new products and services
Activities Related to Performance Results
* Assist with the implementation and ongoing administration needs of our clients
* Interpret and apply laws, regulations and court decisions to our products and services
* Provide updates on legal developments relating to our services
* Develop creative solutions to administrative problems that involve questions of legal compliance
* Assist with enhancements to our current services and the development of new products
* Interact with clients and legal counsel to provide legal perspective regarding our typical administrative approach and to resolve escalated situations and mitigate errors and omissions
* Work with internal team and external clients to help ensure that the design and operation of our services comply with applicable federal and state statutes and regulations
* Partner with Aon Hewitt leaders to help the business accomplish its goals
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* J.D. degree
* 5+ years relevant tax and ERISA (Title I) experience at major law firm or as in-house counsel
* Current law license. Experience with investment advice and management and/or products is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with senior level leaders of an organization
* Ability to exercise the highest ethical standards and prudent, risk-based business decision making
* Ability to understand complex legal requirements and create effective solutions
* Demonstrated ability to lead and execute over a range of business areas and functions with differing issues, interests and risks
* Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent research and writing skills
* Strong ability to explain complicated legal concepts in an understandable manner, both verbal and written to a variety of audiences
* Strong desire to identify and support workable administrative solutions, not just identify issues or provide a one-dimensional analysis
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment both with other attorneys and also with associates who do not possess legal training or background
* Capacity to learn quickly and willingness to try new things
* Flexibility to manage multiple projects and adapt to different communication styles
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420734
CATEGORY: Law Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire