Senior Credentialing Specialist 9/12/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Senior Credentialing Specialist candidates to support the U.S. Air Force, located in San Antonio, TX.
* Conduct PSV of credentials such as licenses, certifications, registrations, professional school education, postgraduate, residency, or specialty training, board certifications, work history, and current references
* Conduct queries through the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB), the Defense Practitioner Data Bank (DPDB), the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and TRICARE sanction data banks
* Collect professional/peer references and completed clinical privileges, demographics, military and civilian practice history (including adverse privileging actions and malpractice history), health status, documentation of contingency and continuing education training, national provider identification number, and for non-personal services contract providers malpractice insurance information
* Accurately load appropriate data in the DoD Centralized Credentials Quality Assurance System (CCQAS)
* Establish and maintain updated CCQAS records
* Research and solve credentialing/re-credentialing problems
* Perform a variety of routine clerical functions and projects as assigned
* Maintain relationships with Military Treatment Facilities and supported customers
* Handle confidential information on a daily basis in professional manner
* Track status of credentials for healthcare practitioners and provide required documents to clients to make accession, credentialing and privileging (C&P) decisions
* High School Diploma or equivalent (Associate degree in healthcare preferred)
* Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) - (Preferred)
* Strong customer focus, interpersonal, collaboration, written/verbal communication, prioritization and computer skills
* Demonstrated attention to detail and good organizational capability
* Able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and complete work projects in designated time frames
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of Department of Defense credentialing guidelines (preferred)
* Five (5) years of experience in medical credentialing to include knowledge of the credentialing and privileging process, the required credentials for healthcare professionals, knowledge of appropriate sources used to complete PSV and databank queries.
* Three (3) years of credentialing experience supporting the DoD utilizing CCQAS.
* Experience as a credentialing Specialist within a Military Treatment Facility (MTF)