Senior Credit Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Horizon Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST - BILINGUAL GERMAN
The Horizon Group is searching for a senior credit analyst for one of our international banking clients in New York, New York. The Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for managing all credit issues relating to the assigned NY Corporate accounts. This includes preparation of all credit applications, annual reviews, amendments and waivers; ensuring that loan documentation meets conditions of credit approval; ongoing monitoring of the corporate banking portfolio through a compliance tickler system and reporting to Risk Management Committee and Head Office. Secondarily, the Senior Credit Analyst will assume overall responsibility for managing all credit issues regarding the corporate banking portfolio in New York and Mexico.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Prepare Credit Applications, Annual Reviews, Amendments and Waivers as well as other bank documents that relate to credit issues.
* Properly assess the creditworthiness of existing borrowers and prospective borrowers in terms of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, background (enhanced due diligence), history, and industry outlook, assignment of Corporate Rating among others.
* Ensure that the proper structure (terms and conditions) is applied to the proposed credit facility to an existing borrower or prospective borrower in conjunction with Department Head.
* Monitor approval process and respond to questions that arise from Head Office.
* Summary translation of German guarantor analysis into English for U.S. banking regulators.
* Interface with German group risk managers on German corporate guarantors and support providers.
* Review and/or draft loan documentation, waiver and amendments to ensure that it meets conditions of the credit approval; to ensure that it is a valid legal obligation in conjunction with Corporate Banking Relationship Manager and internal/ external legal counsel as applicable. In conjunction with the annual credit analysis, a complete review of the legal file to ensure that all documents continue to be valid.
* Ongoing monitoring of corporate banking portfolio.
* Monitor the ongoing credit risk of all assets on the books through analyzing (and reporting when necessary) the interim financial performance of borrowers and new developments regarding a borrower's industry, management, and company specific news and events. Recommend risk rating changes and appropriate action as credit risk changes.
* Maintenance of a compliance tickler system based on the requirements in the credit application/loan documentation as well as the collateral management system, customer database and credit administration system
* Monthly status reporting.
* Reporting to Risk Committee including Portfolio Update and Watch List and Problem Loan Reports in absence of Department Head.
* Maintenance of credit files.
* Thorough knowledge and experience in financial statement analysis. Experience in analyzing a large number of industries and in assessing a company's performance with similar industry participants.
* Ability to analyze U.S. GAAP and secondarily Mexican GAAP, familiarity with inflation accounting and IETU.
* Ability to work well under pressure and manage numerous tasks and issues simultaneously and to ensure the independent function of the credit underwriting process
* Good oral and written communication skills, bilingual (English/German)
* Sound knowledge of U.S. and German banking system.
* Working knowledge of Spanish a plus.
* 7+ years of experience
* Bachelor's degree