Senior Credit Analyst - Tobey Village Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Analyzes complex financial statements, tax returns and other financial information to develop written credit worthiness assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses as pertains to borrower s historical and projected operating performance. Provides recommendations and alternative solutions, where applicable, to the Lending Personnel.
2. Develops appropriate information for credit presentations to process renewals, extensions, amendments, reviews and new business requests. This includes, but is not limited to, developing information on affiliated debt and relationships, bank experience, industry background, competition, collateral analysis, and credit history.
3. Conducts and documents credit alerts and formula based credit offerings.
4. Trains, mentors, and provides guidance to other credit analysts on various position related topics.
5. Assists Commercial Credit & Appraisal Services Manager in achieving department goals, such as preparation for outside loan review, control of document exceptions, acting as Executive Loan Committee secretary when needed, assisting in the appraisal and environmental due diligence function and other special projects.
6. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
7. This job description is not exhaustive. The Senior Credit Analyst may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Prior Experience:
Required: Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar business related field
Required: Years: 2+ Type: Accounting, Finance or similar related business related experience
Preferred: Years: 4+ Type: Accounting, Finance or similar related business related experience
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills
2. Ability to analyze and interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form
3. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
4. Proficient or must become proficient in Microsoft Office applications including the ability to learn new and existing banking software
5. Able to effectively coach, mentor and develop staff in areas of expertise
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human