Senior Credit Officer 8/9/2016
Financial Services Company
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CREDIT OFFICER OPPORTUNITY
We have an incredible opportunity for one of the largest and fastest growing Regional Banks in the New York market area for an experienced Sr. Credit Officer with experience in real estate and construction underwriting. This bank offers a streamlined approval process and the products to serve all of your clients needs. The Sr. Credit Officer ("CO") is responsible for enabling growth of his/her assigned credit portfolio while ensuring its health, balancing business growth and risk management, both in the underwriting process and through credit monitoring.
REPORTS TO:Chief Regional Credit Officer ("CRCO")
* Underwriting new credit requests
* Works with Relationship Manager ("RM") to structure transactions that accommodate the customer's need and are acceptable to the bank
* Identifies, outlines and mitigates risks associated with potential lending opportunities
* Underwrites the transaction according to terms agreed to by customer
* Consults with Chief Regional Credit Officer and/or Group / Industry Head as needed
* Gathers required information, performs the required analysis and produces the credit presentation in accordance with guidelines and policy
* Contacts customers as needed for information gathering in coordination with the RM
* Signs the credit presentation and is responsible for its content
* Maintains the credit approval pipeline tracker
* Ongoing credit monitoring
* Defines account monitoring needs and collects necessary information
* Reads and analyzes reports such as appraisals, financials, etc. to determine whether the account is in compliance. Issues and files a Credit Monitoring Report at required intervals
* Escalates any issues to appropriate levels, develops mitigation plans if necessary
* Maintains the credit monitor tracker(s)
* Identifies possible credit product selling opportunities and notifies the RM accordingly
Relationship Managers - hands over to the CO new deals for underwriting; may involve the CO during early negotiations with customer to structure the deal; will align with CO on customer contact guidelines. The RM and CO will also communicate regularly as part of ongoing account monitoring, as needed. The RM also signs off on the credit presentations, asserting that the business description and terms are reflected correctly.
Relationship Associates ("RA") - may provide assistance with contacting customers, collecting documents etc.
Service & Delivery Team - Coordinates with the CO on any credit related activity undertaken by S&D, such as loan booking, document collection, UCC searches, etc.
Chief Credit Risk Officer ("CCRO") Team - provides training and guidelines for developing presentations, protocols for analysis, and requirements for credit monitoring. Reviews credit monitor tracker and provides CFE reports ordered by the CO. CCRO also responsible together with Chief Regional Credit Officer for career path development of CO.