Senior Customer Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11251 Senior Customer Operations Manager (Open)
SBU - Global
The Customer Operations Manager Senior is a key resource in managing the core support of our solutions on behalf of our customers. This role is responsible for troubleshooting and solving mid to complex technical problems that address customer issues. The Customer Operations Manager Senior participates in the defining and managing the intake process for our software and services-based solutions that enable our clients to accurately capture, manage, generate and optimize revenue, strengthen customer relationships and exploit emerging opportunities in highly complex, transformational market environments.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Manage the core support and maintenance of our core solutions on behalf of our customers.
* Manage, plan and drive the analysis of mid to complex customer technical resolutions, combining business and technology operating procedures, business rules, and supporting system requirements.
* Assist customers with mid to complex support and maintenance of CSG Core Applications, including but not limited to ACSR, CCS, PC-OFM (BCE and ESE), ACSR Voice, Vantage, Workforce Express, Addressable Interfaces, and Equipment Projects.
* Manage the issue management, recovery management, new functionality deployment, product optimization, pre-release testing, client education and post implementation support.
* Perform key activities related to support of complex software systems with multiple interfaces, downstream processes, requirements engineering, test output review, training, documentation and profile maintenance.
* Interface with internal departments and manage other teams to ensure support functions are promptly performed.
* Support and maintain customer shared test environments.
* Manage the rollout of new products and provide advanced guidance with conversions, passers, transfers, and new solution implementations.
* Provide advanced operational support between the customer and the internal CSG teams during outages.
* Manage the technical and non-technical departments within CSG as well as with the customer to ensure all operational needs are met.
* Participate in the definition and management of the process to track business processes, document critical requirements, details, and resolution and communicate status to internal and the customer teams.
* Manage all departments within CSG to ensure client's needs are met accurately and timely.
* Guide the management and escalation of customer emergencies to the appropriate parties, as necessary.
* May represent the team in the change management and CAB committee and provide impact analysis notifications to team leadership as well as the customer.
* Release Management: Manage the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling managing, and testing associated with releases across the SBU. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
* Collaborate with the customer care and the relationship management team to manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and overall quality.
* Communicate all key release details, project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes. Provide weekly release reporting.
* Facilitate release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and customer 'go/no-go' reviews.
* Negotiate, plan and lead all release activities.
* Leverage advanced customer knowledge while partnering with the internal release management team to understand the full breadth and depth of each release and present impacts to the customer.
* Manage continuous improvements on the release process.
* Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
* Participate in the definition and the process for the maintenance of a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
* Recovery Management: Manage the research, management, and resolution of mid to complex recovery problems dealing with inaccurate data residing throughout CSG's product offerings. Identify impacted records and recover data to previous or current state within databases on the server or within master files on the mainframe.
* Manage the collaboration with internal operational and development teams and recommend the most effective course of action to correct all impacted data.
* Execute corrective action plans to remediate all impacted records.
* Gather and examine supporting documentation, audits/logs, system configuration, and examples to demonstrate system functionality issues.
* Analyze functionality of software based on CSG's and the client's recommended usage workflow and make recommendations for efficiencies.
* Lead the root cause analysis with operational, development, and the customer care teams to understand the cause of the inaccurate data.
* Conduct customer operational analysis to define opportunities for automating mid to complex customer operations and functions.
* Interact with customer contacts, either on-site or remotely, to review their operations and develop steps to improve CSG product usage or requirements for consideration by CSG Development.
* Design, deploy, and make recommendations to optimize tools that support customer onboarding, self-service, early warning identification, and customer implementation success.
* Identify customer best practices in the deployment and ongoing support of solutions and services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* 12+ years related experience in Business Analysis or Project Management
* Advanced knowledge of CSG's Solutions, mainframe, Cable, and Telecommunications technology or the equivalent industry experience.
* Advanced issues management and project management skills.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to non-technical and technical clients.
* Strong ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, handle multiple large projects simultaneously,
* Proven organizational and negotiation skills.
* Ability to travel to site locations as needed.
As a CSG employee, your contributions to our success are a big advantage to the company and we believe you deserve to have a valuable selection of benefits, competitive pay and total rewards in return. Our benefits offer some important must haves plus valuable programs that let you customize your coverage to fit your needs, today and tomorrow. Our multiple recognition programs are yet another way we recognize one another for the contributions, team work, dedication, innovation and accomplishments that have enabled our growth for more than 25 years.