Senior Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of metrics for Technology Operations. S/he will be required to extract data from Service Now, SQL Databases, and other technology monitoring software. S/he will work closely with IT management and the client community to identify and collect requirements, data, and processes as requested. Most data is related to the data center operations. A functional understanding of server, storage, network, and data center operations & processes is required.
* Capture, compile, and report metrics for various groups from a variety of technology tools.
* Work with various technology teams to understand the desired value from metrics.
* Recommend approaches for maintaining metrics data (metrics repository) and use it for trending and planning.
* Connect various data elements to identify potential problems and ineffective processes in the organization.
* Work with business and technology groups to define Service Level Agreements and a process to measure SLA compliance.
* Develop Key Performance Indicators that enable management to ascertain performance of the organization.
* Provide insight into trends, anomalies and analytics of the data captured through processes, monitoring tools and applications.
* Perform ad hoc analysis as requested.
* Create and maintain Documents.
* Participate and lead meetings at all levels of the organization.
* Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Technology & Professional Skills
* Excellent Excel skills including formulas, pivot tables, charts, graphs, and custom reports.
* Excellent VBA skills in.
* Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
* Strong SQL Query & Analysis skills.
* Strong Interpersonal skills. Ability to be flexible and easily roll with changes in direction.
* Experience with Service Now, Click It, Splunk, and other data gathering/presentation software.
* Cognos programming experience a plus