Senior Data Engineer - Core Data Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
Castlight is looking for seasoned data engineers who have a penchant for problem solving with a passion for innovation to join our core data engineering team. The ideal candidate for this position will specialize in writing data-driven applications. You must be comfortable dealing with large sets of imperfect data and designing scalable multi-tier systems to process it. As our data volume explodes, you will apply your deep knowledge of performance, scalability, and optimization to make appropriate recommendations, as well as help materialize them.
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be a versatile engineer. You must have an innate desire to build things 'the right way'. You should be pain-averse - if some process or system isn't as streamlined as it could be, you'll want to fix it! You should want to accelerate your career growth by taking on a role that will give you deep knowledge of a complex system, acting as the gatekeeper of the results. Finally, you should want to communicate and collaborate with a team of smart people just like you.
* Participate in development efforts incorporating new data sources, as well as in support of infrastructure improvements
* Provide architectural and technical leadership to improve and scale our existing data store capabilities
* Enjoy working in a collaborative engineering team, writing code and the test cases to go with it
* Participate in design discussions, sizing exercises, and code reviews
* BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science, or related technical field
* 5+ years of experience in production software development, preferably in a SaaS environment
* Experience handling complex data sources and large scale batch data infrastructure
* Proficiency in writing SQL queries, performance tuning, and data modeling
* Proficiency in Python, or another object-oriented programming language such as Ruby or Java
* Experience working with very large data warehouses
* Knowledge of PostgreSQL or GreenPlum a plus