Senior Data Engineer III-IV (DOE)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
Senior Data Engineer III-IV (DOE)
Seattle or Portland, OR
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Primary Job Purpose:
Cambia s Data Governance team is seeking data engineers to build APIs and micro-services to build out Data Governance foundational capabilities by working with product managers & developers, formulate software designs with enterprise architects, code, test, and help push into production in an all-In AWS cloud environment.
* Bachelor's and Master s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) or Bachelor s degree and 5-10 years of professional experience
* 5+ years of Java and Linux experience
* 2+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs / JSON
* Strong data structures and algorithms / computer science fundamentals
* Knowledge of relational and non-relational database design concepts
* Ability to work in a fast-paced agile software release environment
* Ability to work in a team or individually
Successful Candidates will:
* Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
* Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
* Apply the latest technology to develop innovative solutions and assist in quality assurance
* Create design proposals and proof of concept samples for review with internal stakeholders
* Fully test and document new and existing code, and generally maintain the highest standard for code quality
* Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
* Be responsible for design, development, and testing of JSON/REST APIs and services in Linux to facilitate scalable front-end user interactions
* Have the ability to work in a team environment including effective communication within development groups, product, and business
* Communicate clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers
* Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners
* Able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems
* Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
* Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues
* Able to work with minimum direction
* Able to plan and manage his/her own work
* Communicate effectively with peers
* Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation
* Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines
* Able to learn continuous integration practices
* Familiarity with defensive programming
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.