Senior Data Engineer, Infrastructure Analytics 9/10/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
DATA APPLICATION ENGINEER
Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The data platforms and services that collect, store, process, and coordinate the data that enables this this innovation and value are continuing their evolution to web-scale distributed systems, with a variety of web-scale stores and services, some are names you're very familiar with in web-scale big data, others are bespoke services to support our leading position in the cloud software and platform marketplace.
Salesforce is building out our data platform and services team to reinvigorate the way we architect, deliver, and operate the platforms and services that run in our data centers - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
DO THE POINTS BELOW GET YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE* COME AND JOIN US AT SALESFORCE!
* Eat, sleep, and breathe data . You have experience balancing timelines, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
* Partner with product owners and customers to understand requirements, propose viable technical solutions
* Interface with partners teams to define requirements, interfaces, data feeds and implementation approaches
* Design and implement next-generation Data Analytics Web Application
* Optimize performance and troubleshoot complex multi-threaded, multi-system related issues
* Drive coding and documentation standards, participate in code reviews and be a critical member of the Salesforce engineering team
* B.S in Computer Science (M.S. preferred)
* 5+ years of experience with Java, J2EE, WebServices, RESTful APIs, JSON
* 3+ years experience in front-end development frameworks such as Angular or Ember
* 5+ years experience in a UNIX environment
* Strong familiarity with Hadoop based systems
* Deep knowledge of software engineering practices: unit testing, configuration management, and release management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.