Senior Data Engineer, Next Big Sound
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Next Big Sound is the leading provider of online music analytics and insights, tracking hundreds of thousands of artists around the world. We use our expertise in prediction research and cross platform performance measurement to deliver analytics and insights to music makers as well as Pandora's listeners and advertising partners.
We are looking for a senior data engineer to work directly with our science and product teams to ingest and integrate large volumes of disparate data from a variety of sources. This involves rapid innovation in large scale data pipeline design and development to ensure critical datasets are audited, normalized and made available to our users and predictive models in a timely manner.
What will you do?
* Design, build, and maintain our data pipeline to be scalable, resilient and self-healing
* Lead and evolve our data engineering and ETL architecture
* Facilitate cross-functional data-integration efforts upstream and downstream
* Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, implement fixes and design data audits to capture the issues in the future
Who are you?
* You are a Software Engineer with 8-10 years of experience
* You have extensive experience with data processing in Hadoop and manipulating data with Java, Pig, Python and Hive
* You have experience across different databases including MySQL, Hbase and ElasticSearch
* You believe that effective communication is key to a team's success
* You love it when a little analytical knowledge, programming experience, and a fine selection of tools allow you to wrestle insights from large datasets.
* You explore and learn new technologies sometimes without any formal education
* You are self-directed and deliver results with iteration, instead of perfection
* You are lazy in a productive way (i.e. you seek to automate mundane work)
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.