Senior Data Engineer - Pricing Team 8/24/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The data engineer on the Pricing Team will participate in development of new features and products related to healthcare services pricing, benefit design and utilization. You will build systems to crunch through and make sense of huge healthcare datasets. You will be enhancing and supporting our analytics engine, one that scales with our ever-growing data volume. You will help with development and validation of new algorithms that enhance our system in terms of scalability, reliability and accuracy. You will also build and improve our complex data pipeline processes.
To succeed in this role, you don't need a background in health care, but you do need a passion for learning new technologies and new domains. You should be interested in solving very tough problems and pragmatic enough to figure out what can be solved now and what should be saved for later. Since our pricing engine is data-driven you must be able to think about many different pieces of data and their connections in an analytical way. We are passionate about building things the right way, so you must have an innate desire to fix things that don't seem right while still keeping our processes as streamlined as possible.
* Participate in development efforts for both new product features and infrastructure improvements
* Enhance and maintain large-scale data processing pipeline
* Collaborate with Product Management and other development teams
* Participate in design discussions, sizing exercises, and code reviews
* Writing and reviewing technical documents as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
* 1+ years of experience in exploring and implementing algorithms on large data sets, applying machine learning, statistics, data mining, or other algorithms and forms of analysis to analyze and solve complex business problems
* 2+ years of experience developing production software
* Knowledge of SQL databases or experience working with distributed data processing frameworks
* Proficient in at least one dynamic language such as Ruby or Python
* Some experience working with unfamiliar and complex data domains