Senior Data Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Organization: Data Engineering
The Data Engineering team is central to Chegg supporting every business line and functional organization at the company. It is a team composed of data engineers and architects. The team influences strategy and tactics for Chegg s data ecosystem.
Students daily interactions with Chegg s physical and digital books, subscriptions, and learning aids generate terabytes of structured and unstructured data. The data will be used by scientists and analysts looking for patterns in how students are learning from our products and services. The data will drive business decisions and future investments. The data will transform education Chegg is your sandbox to make this happen.
As a Data Engineer you will build data processing framework that handles terabytes of Chegg s product engagement/transactional events. You will work with a team of data engineers and build data ecosystem at Chegg. You will work with data scientists, analysts and reporting team that leverage data with scientific and reporting tools such as R, Spark, and Tableau. You will engage with analysts and leaders to research and develop new data engineering capabilities.
* Design and Build data frameworks (ingestion, processing, distribution, access) for core data platform.
* Build scalable data/events processing framework that handles terabytes of data.
* Design and Build robust and scalable data engineering solutions for structured and unstructured data conducive for business insights, reporting and analytics.
* Design and implement data models that scale across the enterprise.
* Work closely with stakeholders (Reporting team, Analysts and Business) and source system domain experts.
* Function as data expert on usage of data at Chegg.
* 7+ years working as an engineer in a data focused team building data processing frameworks and capabilities. We are NOT looking for a traditional data warehouse ETL developer.
* Extensive experience working with structured and unstructured data, programming, and scripting languages.
* Assumption is you have experience working with big data technologies (like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Presto, Spark), real-time processing frameworks (like Storm, AWS Kinesis), MPP platforms (like Redshift, Greenplum, Vertica) and relational databases.
* Expertise troubleshooting data quality issues, analyzing data requirements, and utilizing big data systems.
* A strong desire to build data platforms that drive insights from Chegg s network of students, physical and digital content, and learning aids.
* An insatiable appetite to transform education through data.
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG and has 900+ employees with offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Portland, New York, India, Berlin, Israel, and Ukraine and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
LIFE AT CHEGG: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH*V=YYHNKWID7OO
CHEGG BENEFITS: HTTP://WWW.CHEGG.COM/JOBS/BENEFITS
CHEGG FOR GOOD: HTTP://BLOG.CHEGG.COM/CATEGORY/CHEGG-FOR-GOOD/
GLASSDOOR BEST PLACES TO WORK 2015: HTTP://BIT.LY/GDBPTW
CHEGG UX DESIGN PAGE: HTTP://WWW.CHEGGUX.COM/
For more information, visit WWW.CHEGG.COM
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1938