Senior Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW: DATA SCIENCE APPS:
Salesforce builds the nerve centers that allow the fortune 500 and small businesses alike to seemlessly manage their customer relationships, housing one of the worlds largest and richest B2B datasets. The Data Science Apps (DSA) group is a family of multi-talented technologists with backgrounds ranging from Artificial Intelligence to Finance. What connects us all is a shared curiosity for how to drive product strategy with data, a passion for getting the job done, and a healthy disregard for constraints.
WHO YOU ARE:
* You know your stuff, we don't care how you learned it.
* Some of us have PhDs, some don't. Diversity rocks.
* You are an expert (7+ years of experience) in statistics or machine learning (and your friends glaze over because you can't stop talking about them over dinner).
* You have 5+ years of experience in writing scalable code. R, Python, and Spark are our favorite languages but not your top ones* We can teach you.
* You have 3+ years of professional data science experience.
* You know how to beat data into submission using languages like pandas, SQL, Pig, and Spark.
* You have strong organizational and communication skills and prefer to chart your own course to get the job done.
* You have a strong business acumen.
* Ideally, though not required, you have experience with product marketing management.
* Curious and effective. (Sense a theme* The ability to recognize patterns is important.)
* Know how to prioritize because there are only so many hours in a day and your friends and family deserve some of it.
* You know how to communicate insights with graphs and pictures.
* Understand why simplicity is important and good enough is not a cop out.
* Innovative, you find that unique viewpoint to solve problems that make others run and cower.
* Collaborative, we love to brainstorm together and it would be weird to have one person who never came out of the corner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Senior Data Scientist will report to the Senior Director of Data Science Apps, working on problems that require tremendous creativity. You will often have to invent your own techniques to get the job done. This candidate will design and deploy predictive models, leveraging large data sets including data about our product utilization, sales, and Marketing activities. These models will underpin applications which provide prescriptions for Salesforce executives to effect the bottom line, primarily through driving product adoption.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
* Thoroughly understand the company's usage data.
* Support ongoing business analyses as required to inform management decisions.
* Develop algorithms and predictive models to solve critical business problems for Salesforce, including the development of smarter CRM applications.
* Interface with product teams and executives, modulating communication to match the audience.
* Identify new sources of data, including free web, to enrich ongoing analyses.
* Develop tools and libraries that will help us to surface deeper more valuable insights faster.
* A company that cares.
* Competitive salaries and generous equity.
* Comprehensive health insurance plan including dental and vision.
* A leadership team that gets it and are open to new ideas.
* Snacks, lots of snacks.
* Offices in downtown San Francisco.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.