Senior Data Scientist 9/13/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Many companies say they want to change the world. Very few actually build products and services that can quantifiably change the world. Chegg is changing the way students navigate their college experience.
The Organization: The Analytics team is central to Chegg supporting every business line and functional organization at the company. It is a team composed of data scientists and business analysts. The team influences strategy and tactics of Chegg s business roadmap; develops data science algorithms for purposes of analysis, matching, and discovery; and provides business level decision support models for purposes of forecasting, pricing, and optimization.
The Role: As a Data Scientist, you will work with a team of other data scientists and analysts that will focus on Chegg s Student Outcomes business unit. Your primary focus will be extending and adapting a network of decision-support tools and operational recommendations at Chegg built on data science approaches. You will analyze client school s enrollment and graduation performance and provide recommendations for the customer success teams as well as develop internal tooling and analyses to support the internal performance of the customer success organization.
The Problem: The ideal candidate will help tackle the complex problems facing the Chegg Enrollment Marketing business as we help students and schools make better decisions. The ideal candidate can quickly absorb the very complex aspects of the business, help model student outcomes, and drive optimized business outcomes.
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA, and the role will be responsible for any and all of the following:
* Perform advanced analytics on Chegg high school data. Analyze who our students are, what drives them to engage, and what schools would best match their preferences.
* Develop and define key business insights to help optimize business operations and guide decision-makers and executives in the College Enrollment Marketing business
* Engage with leaders of engineering, and product, to drive the future strategy for the company grounded in data science.
* Present and communicate broadly across the product groups and business units.
* 5+ years of demonstrated success in data science and analytics
* Master s degree in a quantitative field (Sciences, Engineering, Economics, etc.)
* Extensive analytical toolset including an advanced understanding of statistics (time series analysis, cluster analysis, multivariate analysis).
* Fluent in Excel and writing SQL queries for data manipulation.
* Strong experience with languages such as: Python and/or R.
* Salesforce experience a bonus.
* Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience.
* Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple business units and product teams.
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Ukraine, and Berlin. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Chegg Writing Tools, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
LIFE AT CHEGG: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH*V=YYHNKWID7OO
CHEGG BENEFITS: HTTP://WWW.CHEGG.COM/JOBS/BENEFITS
CHEGG FOR GOOD: HTTP://BLOG.CHEGG.COM/CATEGORY/CHEGG-FOR-GOOD/
GLASSDOOR BEST PLACES TO WORK 2015: HTTP://BIT.LY/GDBPTW
For more information, visit WWW.CHEGG.COM
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1953