Senior Database Administrator - SQL Server
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Purpose: Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, performance, and integrity of the company database. Mentor and act as the "go to person" for otherDatabase Administrators.
* Assist data modeling to design and implement data structures which meet the business requirement for timely, accurate data
* Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
* Resolve database performance issues, capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
* Determine user requirements, set up and test computer databases, and coordinate changes
* Interact with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases
As a Senior Database Administrator for SQL Server you will play a significant role in the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases. You will be responsible for monitoring daily database activities and overall performance, growth and tuning configurations as well as the security of the database. You will be a self-starter and will be counted upon to mentor and develop other junior members of your team.
* Assume primary ownership for the build, data management, access and permissions and roles requests submitted and work with the application team and manager on prioritization
* Provide Database Administration and support of SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008r2, 2012 and 2014
* Implement and support Administration tasks such as backup and recovery procedures, database utilities, and data replication technologies for both PROD and NON PROD environments
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to application development teams and other third party software providers utilizing SQL Server platform
* Log, schedule and track all changes using change management system tools
* Responsible for all corrections to the databaseinfrastructure and for repairs to the system or database
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience.
Oracle: Unix/Linux; Microsoft Windows; Oracle 10/11g; Microsoft SQL Server; Advanced SQL; Performance Tuning; Backup Clustering Technology; Real Application Clusters; Advanced Shell scripting; Technical documentation
SQL: Microsoft Windows Clustering; Performance Tuning; Backup PowerShell scripting Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Technical documentation
Teradata: Unix/Linux: Microsoft Windows; Advanced SQL; Performance Tuning; Backup Advanced Shell scripting; Technical documentation; Teradata Viewpoint, TASM, Teradata administration;