Senior Database Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is seeking a Database Software Engineer
with significant database development experience to add
to our MilitaryChildcare.com development team.
MilitaryChildcare.com is an online gateway for military
members seeking child care. The website was originally
launched as a prototype. It is now in the process of
rolling out globally to military members and their
families in every region of the world. Over the next
four years, we will be evolving and growing this site to
meet needs of our military.
The Database Software Engineer will be joining a small,
dedicated team that is focused on identifying,
designing, developing and deploying new features and
functionality needed for the MilitaryChildcare.com site.
This position is located in the Northern Virginia and
will be eligible for full-time telecommuting. You ll
be working in an Agile development environment,
following a mix of Scrum and other Agile Methodologies.
You ll commit to delivering quality designs, models
and code, perform unit testing, and code reviews.
You ll also be asked to identify areas for innovation,
improvements, efficiencies and performance and scale
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned
companies in the United States. Employer Ownership
means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other
with respect. Every member of our team has a vested
interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have
the same goals particularly in service to our
nation s War Fighters; providing, team-focused,
mission-essential support in challenging environments.
Being truly effective means pushing beyond basic
requirements. We build skilled and committed teams of
experts. We conduct our work with a sense of purpose;
loyal to the mission, our clients, each other and to the
long-term success of the company.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and
experience at a minimum:
* 6+ years of experience in database development
* MySQL as data tier for web application
* SQL Development in MySQL
* Able to design and modify the data model based on
* Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures
* Performance tuning strategies and implementation
* Deployment and Configuration of MySQL
* ER Diagrams and Data dictionaries
Additional skills desired include:
* Working on teams developing applications using SDLC
and the Agile methodologies
* Use of development tools for requirements
management, design development and management,
coding, version control, testing and reporting
* Solid understanding of software development process
* Working with object oriented methodologies
* Developing test cases, executing tests, documenting
* Developing use cases
* Developing technical documentation
* Reporting with MySQL
* MS Reporting Services reporting