Senior Database Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
West Safety Services
* Creating, designing, developing and implementing logical and physical database schemas and tables in a timely manner
* Engineer the end-to-end data vision and develop methods for translating the logical design into one or more physical databases documenting how data will flow through the development stages, ensuring adherence to design and development convention and standards
* Act as primary contact and meet with client to determine the project scope, providing direction and technical support during all project stages or in a specific area as assigned
* Defines and develops metadata that has broad use across the business segment and provides guidance in the identification and definition of data requirements
* Evaluate system requirements and capabilities, making recommendations for improvements on existing servers to support growth and new applications, coordinating with appropriate staff and vendors to plan and execute upgrade
* Lead the design and development of test codes for data conversions.
* Bachelor's degree with major course work in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, computer engineer or a related field related required
* Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
* Minimum 5years increasingly responsible experience in Data systems development and administration required
* Minimum 5years experience with relational database technologies, (e.g., Informix, Microsoft SQL server, oracle, MySQL, etc.) required
* Minimum 3years experience with UNIX and shell scripting required
* Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
* Strong SQL Server (TSQL, SSIS, Extended Events, PowerShell) - Versions 2008, 2012, and 2014.
* Knowledge of SSAS, SSRS a plus.
* Familiarity with Linux and Linux based RDBMS platforms (Oracle, Informix, MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL).
* Data modeling and normalization.
* Data security, availability, accessibility, persistence, recoverability, retention and archival.
* SQL (DDL, DCL, DML).*Data access methodologies.
* DB Performance / Query tuning on multiple platforms.
* Server tuning in regards to Database Servers
* Procedural extensions (PL/SQL, Transact-SQL).
* Scripting: PowerShell, Linux (ksh, bash), python and Perl a plus.
* Design, build and maintain database platform architectures including High-Availability, Geo-redundancy and replication concepts and configuration.
* Build and maintain database structures, ETL processes, stored procedures, audit reports, data extracts, etc. to meet project objectives.
* Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications.
* Perform internal QA checks to insure high quality deliverables.
* Migrate applications and data throughout the development cycle (development, test, stage) following proper policies and procedures.
* Support enhancements and bug fixes following proper scheduling and prioritization guidelines.
* Provide decision support and fulfill ad hoc requests, tier IV support to Operations.
* Participate with database architectural roadmaps.
* Knowledge/use of ERD tools a plus (ERWin, Infosphere).
* Experience with source control, svn process.
* Experience automating tasks for build delivery.
* Ability to switch between multiple projects and tasks daily.
* Minimum 3years increasingly responsible experience in data systems development and administration.
* Minimum 3years experience with relational database technologies, (e.g. Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Informix, NoSQL).
* Minimum 2years experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
* Team player and recognize his or her role within the greater organization, project or effort and should have a strong sense of personal responsibility and investment.
* Must have excellent communication skills - both oral and written. Articulate and clear
* Understanding of Agile / Scrum development methodology.
* Efficient time management skills in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate highly technical issues clearly in writing and verbally to audiences with varying technical skill levels.
* Ability to gather requirements from multiple sources and to provide guidance and expertise on best practices and new technology initiatives.
* Able to work effectively in group projects and independently.
Do you share our passion of "work worth doing " Demand for our services continues to grow. We are looking for the nation's best who are interested in making a difference. If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
If you work at West Safety Services, you'll never take 9-1-1 for granted again. For more than 35years, we've been a leader in an industry where the stakes are high, as are our expectations of each other. We recruit the best talent because our success is measured in lives saved, in communities protected and in assets secured.
Our 9-1-1 and other emergency communications technologies provide the essential link between telecommunications firms, wireless carriers, cable and security systems providers and public safety agencies. The proliferation of smart devices, sensors and new media are fueling our recent innovations that help guide emergency responders and public safety professionals as they assess complex, critical situations in real-time.
Not only do you finish each day knowing you have helped save lives but there are also some great perks in addition to compensation, competitive health benefits, paid time off, and a 401K, .
* Access to hundreds of online and in-person training courses to help you understand our solutions, develop your skills and become more effective both personally and professionally.
* Onsite caf.
* A full-service Starbucks(R).
* A spacious gym with ellipticals, treadmills, bikes, weights, and even group classes.
* Community outreach through a 501(c)(3) non-profit that supports local youth, seniors, and our military.
* On-campus dry cleaning service and much more.
West Safety Services is an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
Please Note: The Company has strict background check requirements both pre-employment and during employment. Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete additional background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification - criminal history check, fingerprinting and training. The company also runs a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and periodic screening during employment. Please note, marijuana remains an illegal drug under federal law. We have federal contracts that require us to be compliant with the federal Drug Free Workplace Act. West Safety Services is a tobacco free workplace.