Senior Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a Senior level Design Engineer to join a large global company in the greater Buffalo, NY area.
Design and develop the company's elastomer products from prototype, through qualification, and into production using a defined development process with specific emphasis on the development of elastomeric noise and vibration isolation and damper products for aerospace and defense applications.
* Analysis of shock and vibration systems, mechanical design, directing product tests, and the development of new elastomeric products.
* Works with elastomer molder and tool designer to develop elastomeric isolation and damper products to meet customer requirements.
* Plans and formulates engineering projects, may be assisted by drafting personnel.
* Establishes product design with compliance to engineering principles, company standards, customer contractrequirements, and related specifications.
* Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
* Responsible for coordinating formal qualification of products to meet customer specifications.
* Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
* Prepares and monitors progress of project schedules.
* Customer technical presentations and occasional travel are anticipated
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
* BSDegree in Mechanical Engineering
* 5 - 15 years design and product development experience isdesired. An individual with less experience will be considered if the experience is specific to the following:
* Design of vibration isolators
* Structure design and stress analysis
* 3D/2D CAD required, preferably with SolidWorks.
* Good written and verbal communication skills required.
* Experience in the design of elastomeric products is desired.
* Experience in the design of mechanical devices for fixed wing and helicopter applications is desired.
* Dynamic system analysis experience is helpful.
* Test and measurement of physical systems is helpful.
* Commercial Aviation, Federal Aviation Regulations, and Defense industry experience is helpful.
* Able to travel up to 25% of the time, required.