Senior Design Engineer
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Senior Design Engineer. This position is a technical lead and expert regarding optical fiber and capillary assembly products and processes, including assembly design, production process development, tooling/fixture design, and mechanical drawings.
This role will:
* Complete CAD drawings of all assembly products for production orders based on customer requirements.
* Assist in assembly product quotations.
* Serve as a technical resource for other departments.
* Assist production with production process problems.
* Execute on projects where assigned as leader. Organize regular meetings, experiments, and reports as appropriate. Participate and support projects where assigned on project team.
* Troubleshoot equipment problems. Analyze mechanical or process problems and take corrective action within scope of responsibilities. Hands-on approach to troubleshooting and diagnosis of equipment operations problems, make adjustments, replace component parts and arrange for external repairs.
* Develop and write process and equipment operating procedures.
* Collect, analyze data; prepare reports including results and conclusions as appropriate. Present and discuss results with supervisor, manufacturing, and/or engineering staff.
* Train production and engineering personnel on fabrication techniques and equipment.
* Investigate and provide recommendations on new equipment and techniques.
* Investigate new technical capabilities in effort to further enhance and improve the technical capabilities of the company.
* Write project reports and presentations.
* Maintain accurate and complete records of assigned engineering projects.
* Respond to customer technical questions (written and verbal).
* Meet/visit customer to discuss technical issues and new product or process developments.
* Attend trade shows as assigned.
* Minimum 4 years previous experience, with some experience in optical fiber assembly development or capillary assembly design.
* 3 years 3D modeling experience
Preferred Job Requirements:
* Solidworks experience
* Previous SAP experience preferred
* Previous experience working with ISO systems a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Team player.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word & Excel