Senior Desktop Support Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. First American and its affiliated companies also provide title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. With experience dating back to 1889, First American offers its services through direct operations and a network of qualified agents across the United States as well as internationally. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
Field Offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing personal computing support to business staff, responding to trouble tickets in the business office where you are based, using Knowledge Centered Support ( KCS ) methodologies resulting in outstanding customer service experiences. Additionally, support will be offered to other business customers located across the US, via remote support. Activities include install or setup of computers and software, problem resolution and maintaining defined IT standards. You ll have frequent interaction with customers using a high degree of customer service and troubleshooting techniques to solve problems. The successful candidate will have excellent follow through skills when resolving issues with customers. You ll track calls and enter solution data into tracking system.
* Maintains a high level of client trust and confidence in the knowledge of and concern for clients needs.
* May be called upon to assist senior management and executives where sensitivity to confidential information and timely problem resolution is critical.
* Installs and sets up computers for business staff.
* Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, tracking system, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards.
* Perform site inspections.
* Provides accurate and creative solutions to customer problems of serious and critical nature to ensure customer productivity.
* Coordinates and supports assigned internal special projects, including facility projects, special implementations, etc.
* Use and contribute to the knowledge base to resolve issues using KCS methodology.
* Enhances and develops quality support methods and communication skills through coaching, feedback and other developmental approaches.
* Participates in and possibly leads team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve quality or efficiency of problem resolution process.
* Tests and ensures applications are correctly installed and configured on the computer.
* Provides desktop training to general users and other Desktop Support Analysts.
* May assist with Server and/or LAN support.
*Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
*4-6 years of technical support experience required.
*A+ Certification or related experience required.
*Experience configuring and testing desktop/laptop systems with limited supervision.
*Experience in AD, TCPIP, CITRIX support. A working knowledge of network support, including troubleshooting switches and routers.
*Basic knowledge of project management to act as team member
*Demonstrated problems-solving skills to ensure quick and efficient problem resolution.
*Aptitude for providing excellent customer service. Good communication and telephone etiquette.
*Ability to use Desktop standards and follow guidelines, as well as help others interpret policy.
*Demonstrated organizational and time management skills to maximize effort and time.
*Knowledge of Service Now, ITIL Foundations and any HDI Certifications are a PLUS.