Senior DevOps Engineer - Analytics Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER - ANALYTICS CLOUD
We are the Analytics Cloud! Since the launch of v1.0 product at Dreamforce '14, we have attracted rave reviews and are changing the way people use analytics! In FY17, we plan to roll out to many customers and need the next set of capabilities including the ability to continue to accelerate engineering velocity, and operate 24x7 with zero downtime! The engineering organization is aggressively growing to meet these demands and we need your help to get us there!
The Service Management team within the Analytics Cloud is responsible for creating automation and infrastructure around build and release engineering, continuous integration, capacity planning and provisioning, production deployments, monitoring and alerting. The ideal candidate is an experienced devops engineer who is passionate about engineering velocity and automation. He/she enjoys building tools to help increase developer productivity and/or has prior experience building monitoring tools for large-scale distributed systems.
For more information on Salesforce Analytics Cloud powered by Wave, check out:
* Design and develop quality code to increase build automation and service operability.
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability and performance.
* Collaborate with architects, product managers, performance, quality, and technical operations engineers using Agile development process.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent engineering experience
* Strong coding skills
* Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration
* Experience in building/operating large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems
* Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Understanding of provisioning, deployment, monitoring, and scaling of large cloud hosted platforms.
* Languages: Python or other scripting language, Go
* Technologies/Tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Razor, Kafka, Splunk, Graphite, Nagios
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.