Senior DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlue Coat empowers enterprises to safely and securely choose the best applications, services, devices, data sources, and content the world has to offer, so they can create, communicate, collaborate, innovate, execute, compete and win in their markets. We have a long history of protecting organizations, their data and their employees and are the trusted brand to 15,000 customers worldwide including 86 percent of the FORTUNE Global 500. With a robust portfolio of intellectual property anchored by more than 200 patents and patents pending, Blue Coat continues to drive innovations that assure business continuity, agility and governance.
The Cloud Solutions Team is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to join us. In this role, you will work on automation initiatives to support deployment, testing, and monitoring of Blue Coat's cloud security solutions through our continuous deployment pipeline. You will collaborate closely with both the development and operations teams to develop and deploy full-stack automation solutions which solve our unique challenges. You will be asked to work in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment using Agile methodologies. If you are passionate about automation, knowledgeable in a wide range of technologies, and interested in solving large-scale security challenges, we look forward to talking to you.
* BS/MS degree in CS/EE or related technical field
* 5+ years of DevOps or application development experience
* Solid scripting skills. Python preferred.
* Experience hardening and managing complex Linux environments
* Experience with virtual environments and software defined networking technologies
* Experience with cloud orchestration and automation tools i.e. Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
* Outstanding leadership experience and the ability to drive complex project requirements
* Solid understanding of software development lifecycle
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Experience working in public cloud environments such as Amazon AWS
* Experience with statically typed programming languages (e.g. Java, C, Go, etc.)
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal? Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability.