Senior Developer / Architect
Based in Newport Beach, CA we are actively seeking a Sr. Developer/Architect. This person will be a key member of the technology team. Responsible for ensuring that accurate and high performance software development needs are met consistently. This candidate should have a strong background using various financialtechnology platforms and is experienced within the asset management industry.
HERE IS A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Understand and take ownership of legacy code-base, frameworks, architecture, and patterns that drive existing systems.
* Take ownership of assigned areas of the software infrastructure and be prepared to identify opportunities for improvement and then implement them.
* Collaborate with the multi-team build and release process and be equipped to manually manage and configure software builds inside and outside of an automated continuous build and release system.
* Understand, adopt, and then enforce all SGA technology policies such as code reviews, team meetings, architecture and language-specific coding & software design standards.
* Participate in the design and construction of Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and various critical schemas that support all of SGA's functional, operational, and trading / computational systems.
* Take an active role in driving process improvement as a leader and participate in technology presentations within the IT development group for shared learning and growth.
* Work with fundamental analysts and Portfolio Managers to foster a deep understanding of the business.
* Contribute innovative ideas and design sophisticated software architecture for the betterment of the firm
HERE IS THE BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relative field
* Java / JEE / Tomcat / Multi-Threaded Enterprise Software
* Microsoft Visual Studio Development - VB.NET + C#.NET + VB Forms
* Microsoft SQL Server - Advanced SQL + PL-SQL Stored Procedures
* Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills - Formulaic / Pivot / Macros
* Microsoft VBA / VB6 for Excel
* SCRUM / Agile / Kanban Project Methodology Experience
* Software Architecture, OOAD, and UML Experience
* Hands-on with at least one Financial Trading Platform (E.G. Charles River, Bloomberg, Etc.)
* Hands-on with at least one Industry Data Provider (E.G. FactSet)
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience with MATLAB / Mathematics Computational platform
* ScriptingLanguage Experience
* Build Script / Continuous Build & ReleaseExperience
* Software Team Leadership Role Experience
* Multi-Platform, Linux, and Cloud Experience