This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Developer, to join our KPMG Technology Group in our Roseland, NJ office.
- Provide day to day technical administration including upgrades and release management, analyzing log files, configuration file changes, installation and configuration documents (runbook), upgrade validation/testing, change control, and technical issue/problem resolution
- Work with project manager in planning and estimating throughout the complete life cycle. Identify and evaluate alternatives and present the most efficient and cost effective solution
- Participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, installation
- May act as Project Leader and/or may be involved in providing assistance and training to less senior developers
- Work with service management, mobility services, deskside support, server and database admin team applications as needed on technology upgrades, maintenance, and issue resolution
- Responsible for the design, construction, implementation and support of software that meets the business requirements
- Minimum five years of diverse work experience in systems analysis and software development
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in the applicable technology, experience with state of the art development tools, structured and object oriented methodologies
- Must be detail-oriented and thorough, with effective time management skills, excellent technical writing and editing skills and strong oral communication skills
- Must be skilled in organizing technical information based on reviewing meeting notes, business specifications, interviewing clients, architects and business analysts; must have the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and other team members
- Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work; ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .