Senior Development Assistant, Development Research
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Senior Development Assistant for Research provides support to the efforts of Dana-Farber s Development Research office, which includes completing research projects for assigned fundraising staff, assisting other Research staff with their projects, and assisting the Development office in locating donor contact information, news articles, and obituaries.
Embody Dana-Farber s Core Values: Impact; Excellence; Compassion & Respect; and Discovery every day. Add value to the Dana-Farber community by seeking opportunities to collaborate across the Institute. Foster an ethical, positive, results-oriented culture founded on open communication.
Responsible for assisting the entire Division with reaching financial goals.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Providing research support for assigned Development staff.
* Conducting research on potential or existing donors and creating concise, accurate profiles using biographical information, financial data, news, philanthropic history, etc.
* Developing and distributing several weekly news alerts on various disease areas.
* Managing/updating content for Research s intranet presence.
* Updating the ClearView database and merging duplicate records.
* Monitoring call reports, event forms, and new gift forms for information that can be added to donor records.
* Adding appropriate materials to donor central files and creating or archiving files, as needed.
* Ordering supplies and maintaining publications and subscriptions.
* Reconciling monthly purchasing card statement.
* Maintaining Assistant Vice President s calendar and providing her with other administrative support.
* Participating in monthly Development Assistant meetings, raising Research issues as needed.
* Providing front desk coverage and other shared Development Assistant duties as assigned.
* Reports to Assistant Vice President of Development Research. This position has no regular supervisory responsibilities, and will seek major decision-making authority from direct supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor s degree and 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Organizational ability, aptitude for working independently and producing high volumes of work; excellent oral and written communications skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; previous experience using the Internet; superior customer service skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle confidential information with discretion; experience with ClearView is a plus.
Workstation located in typical office setting. Some evening or weekend work may be required. Some use of personal vehicle for business purposes may be required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.