Senior Development Manager 9/13/2016
March of Dimes
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Senior Development Manager
Full Time Regular
The Senior Development Manager is responsible for donor recruitment, development, cultivation, and activation, leading assigned events, and meeting fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market.
Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development, volunteer leadership development, raising new revenue by focusing on individual giving / major gifts and event fundraising, and staff development. The position reports to the Executive Director of Market Development.
* Development Plans, Objectives and Strategies: Increase overall market revenue by implementing core tactics for fundraising events, resulting in aggressive and sustainable year over year growth.
* Prospect Identification: Identify, qualify/research, cultivate, solicit and steward donors. Manage portfolio of personal prospects who have capacity for gifts at 5/6/7 figures.
* Lead Referral Development Plan: Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners, or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain personal introduction to prospective constituents.
* Constituent Presentations: Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and sell mission engagement opportunities to prospects or constituents.
* Stewardship Events: Plan and implement effective cultivation and recognition events in association with March of Dimes colleagues, faculty/administration and campaign volunteers to enhance the connection and involvement of prospects and donors with March of Dimes.
* Preparation: Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, briefing materials and acknowledgements.
* Sponsorship Proposals: Research prospects needs, concerns and objectives in order to create effective sponsorship proposals. In partnership with the Executive Director of Market Development, serve as lead staff on select significant sponsorship asks in the market and engage potential national sponsors in a relationship with March of Dimes. Drive all sponsors in the market to activate their sponsorship aggressively.
* Recruit and Develop Top Volunteer Leadership: Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles. Create plans to gain access to volunteer leadership prospects and candidates. Recruit qualified candidates and articulate goals, outcomes and objectives for performance in order to enable candidates to make good decisions regarding the acceptance of critical revenue generation goals. Ensure event committee structure in place 18 months prior to event, recruiting top-level volunteers from the market s major employers, etc.
* Donor Cultivation: Develop, execute and monitor year round development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
* Constituent Relationships: Make periodic visits, explore specific needs, and resolve problems in order to build and maintain constituent relationships.
* Train Staff and Volunteers: Lead staff and volunteers to and understanding of core tactics for fundraising events in order to achieve optimal fundraising outcomes. Coach and guide staff and volunteers in the execution of the event and achievement of expected outcomes. Provide training for staff and volunteers on major gift campaign best practices and successful donor solicitation. Maintain consistent flow of news and training opportunities to ensure staff can articulate latest mission advancements and opportunities to donors.
* Staff Leadership: Plan performance expectations, monitor and appraise the team member s job results and performance in order to develop, coach and recognize direct reports. Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to direct reports on overall performance develop plans for performance improvement when needed. Provide information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities in order to develop staff. Focus on the development of leadership skills and business acumen of direct reports in order to enhance the ability of the market to grow.
* Personnel Supervised: This position may lead the Development Specialist or Development Manager as applicable and is accountable for the oversight of volunteer engagement pertaining to assigned fundraising activities.
* Communicate the Mission of the Foundation: Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in increasingly responsible positions. Proven fundraising track record working with individual donors and volunteers. Previous major gift experience preferable.
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience.
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
* Equipment Used: Computer and Printer, telephone, copier and fax machine.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.