Senior Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
March of Dimes
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Senior Development Manager
Full Time Regular
Reporting to the Executive Director, this individual is primarily responsible for leading and growing the New York market s special event fundraising portfolio and meeting targeted special events financial objectives.
The Senior Development Manager serves as a liaison between the March of Dimes, volunteers and the local community and serves as a member of the market s leadership team.
* Work closely with Executive Director and Board on strategic direction of market and special events objectives toward overall market goals
* * Lead aggressive special events revenue growth plan, including new and expansion events
* Manage a personal portfolio of prospects
* Hire, direct, train and supervise special events fundraising staff
* Provide management guidance to staff to ensure the efficiency and support required to assist volunteers at all levels
* Provide training, coaching, and counseling to ensure that employee performance expectations are clearly communicated and ensure that performance is appraised on a regular basis
* Provide information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities in order to develop staff. Focus on the development of leadership skills and business acumen of direct reports in order to enhance the ability of the Foundation to grow and thrive.
* Recruit, develop and maintain relationships with volunteer leaders in order to ensure support in mission delivery and fundraising within special events.
* In partnership with volunteer leadership, guide and develop volunteer committees to reach event objectives. Provide leadership to volunteer committees on each event to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events.
* In collaboration with development team, develop and implement donor stewardship practices and discipline.
* Develop strong networks within the local community, develop and grow prospects for potential revenue streams, event sponsorships and volunteer opportunities as well as to increase March of Dimes visibility and brand awareness.
* Lead the development, design and execution of event development plans to drive profitable and sustainable year-over-year growth within portfolio.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing fundraising campaigns including fundraising efficiency, community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
* Oversee the development of the event budgets, recommend actions to adjust and control expenditures and take advantage of opportunities to optimize spending in order to ensure the achievement of financial targets.
* Ensure effective utilization of donor database and development tools; oversee quality of donor records and gift acknowledgment processes.
* Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
Education and Experience
* Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in increasingly responsible positions
* Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience
* May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.