Senior Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position is for an experienced Development Manager to run a Java based development team for a Cash Funds trading platform
* Manage projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables using AGILE methodologies
* Deliver high throughput, high availability and fault tolerant softwaresystems
* Significantly contribute to development of the trading platform
* Develop and mentor other team members
* Manage large scale deployments and rollouts with an emphasis on risk-mitigation
* Help define the roadmap for the product
* Provide production support on existing systems and to resolve operational issues
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field
* Extensive hands-on experience with large systems development in Java
* High level coding standards
* Experience in using Project Management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum is required.
* Modern web application design patterns, such as server or client side MVC
* Solid server-side Java capacities (Spring, Multi-threading)
* Solid database experience (SQL, DDL/DML, data modeling). Familiarity with database platforms, either SQL or NoSQL and common ODM patterns
* Experienced with Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development
* Solid understanding of relational databases (e.g. Sybase, MySQL, etc.) & programming languages theory (e.g. Java, Perl, Python)
* Demonstrated interest in finance, ideally with domain experience in Asset Management and cash liquidity products