Senior Digital Media Planner 9/18/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription On behalf of Cox Media Group (CMG) Newspaper Innovation team, the DIGITAL MEDIA PLANNER will be responsible for supporting the CMG markets and Mundo GM/Sales Leads. Position will work strategically with CMG Markets to grow revenue via portfolio expansion, improved targetability, and data/analysis to enhance ROI. It will provide support and creative solutions leveraging the assets; including digital, mobile, and content to both complement and enhance their existing programs. You will be responsible for providing other markets with pre and post sale collateral and materials such as research, sales presentations and post sale analysis. In addition, you will manage day-to-day interaction with existing clients and markets including coordinating creative, billing, campaign optimization and account retention. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively handle multiple projects at one time, be a collaborative team player with a focus on the teams' success and also be willing to share new ideas to help the department grow.
Job Duties and Tasks:
SUPPORTS CMG MARKETS TO ACHIEVE STATED REVENUE QUOTAS:
* Main responsibility is to provide necessary support to outer CMG markets so that they achieve additional revenue through sale of verticals.
* Responsible for all pre-sales needs including inventory forecasting, building presentations, printing and binding as needed.
* Maintain an accurate sponsorship and premium calendar
* Maintain and produce weekly/monthly site statistics and distribute to team
* Working independently at times but being able to collaborate with all team members including product managers and senior level executives.
* Work strategically with other members of the Newspaper Innovation department to achieve group goals
* Main point of contact with client to coordinate all aspects of the sale including creative, scheduling, optimization, billing and post campaign retention.
* Ability to show a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates and packaging.
* Necessary to evolve with digital technology and adapt to new product offerings for clients
SUPPORTS NATIONAL MUNDO HISPANIC LEADERSHIP ON NEW INITIATIVES:
* Work with leadership to ideate and create new sales opportunities for markets and sales leads
* Identify new areas of revenue through research and analysis
* Assist other CMG local markets with sales collateral, inventory analysis, etc.
* Oversee all aspects of CMG local market sales to ensure clients are fulfilled
* Provide necessary sales CRM tools as requested
High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field, preferred.
* Minimum 3 years working in media or equivalent education. Previous digital experience a plus.
* IAB certification a plus
* Excellent customer service skills and strong communicator over email and phone
* Above average knowledge of digital technology
* Exceptional problem solver - especially when competing with software and technology
* Above average knowledge of social media and how it applies to business
* High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
* Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
* Must be able to adapt to a culture that promotes working alongside peers as well as independent
* Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
* Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and industry
* Above average proficiency in all Microsoft applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Ability to identify new areas of revenue opportunity
* Self-directed, motivated, and with exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
* Extensive and ongoing industry information gathering through various resources such as trade publications, competitive media, and industry functions, the internet, etc.
Internal contacts: VP of Advertising (s) Advertising Sales, Advertising Operations, Marketing, finance office and credit
External contacts: Local & National Advertising Customers, Local & National Advertising Agencies
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Job Level:Individual Contributor