Senior Director, Biostatistics (Group Leader)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Director of Biostatistics has full responsibility for the management, oversight, and strategic directions of one or more projects. The Senior Director is responsible for setting the technical and strategic directions for the project(s) under his/her control and is accountable for the quality and timeliness of the deliverables for the project(s); he/she is responsible for optimization of interdisciplinary understanding, teamwork, innovative and strategic project planning; is responsible for effective project team operation and productive cross-functional collaboration of project teams.
He/she is responsible for the development and implementation of technical and strategic plans for effective Biostatistics contribution to project discussions on study design, conduct, and analysis, as well as regulatory strategies at the Clinical Development Plan Task Force (CDP TF) team and Late Development Team (LDT) team.
He/she may also be responsible for career goal setting and performance evaluation for one or more direct reports.
The Senior Director must have NDA/MAA experience and direct dealings with USA/European regulators; must have effective communication and great interpersonal skills.
- Holds primary responsibility for designing and setting functional/department goals and participates in setting department and/or corporate-related goals
- Ensures personnel goal-setting is effectively linked to corporate and department goals
- Communicates company objectives to the group(s) and the availability of the group(s) resources to other functional groups, in a clear and timely manner
- Helps define technical direction of group and influences support of technological innovation and creativity within the group(s)/department
- Develops, recommends and implements strategy for area of responsibility
- Oversees activities of staff and adapts personnel deployment to changing priorities, to ensure key goals of all projects are met on time.
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in aligning technology with and driving line of functional objectives
- Ability to plan and manage capital and operating budgets, as well as plan and advocate staffing resources
- Possesses an excellent record enabling the goals of Information Systems projects
- Proactively solves problems of moderate to high complexity within his/her area and identifies areas for process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, adjust, manage and optimize all resources (budgets, staff, technology, etc.) for optimal advancement of all goals and objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of field; proven instrumental in attracting and retaining employees