Senior Director, Clinical Resource Management 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 10250-1242
HealthTrust (legally known as HealthTrust Purchasing Group, LP) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total cost management solutions, including supply chain solutions and a contract and service portfolio unparalleled in quality, scope and value. HealthTrust serves 1,350 acute care facilities and members in more than 15,000 other locations, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites. Headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, HealthTrust is an affiliate of Parallon, a leading provider of healthcare business and operational services, including revenue cycle management, workforce and technology solutions.
Job Summary This position is responsible for leading, development and implementation a strategic supply expense management program for an independent hospital to an integrated delivery network (IDN) that supports supply chain initiatives. This position is responsible for reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing comprehensive clinical and utilization protocols, developing and executing product standardization plan for the hospital or system. This position is also responsible for recruiting, directing, managing and evaluating the facility or system Clinical Resource Management Program. This position is responsible for building strategic alliances with Hospital Executive Staff, and Clinical Department Directors as it relates to successfully executing the Supply Chain Operations Plan.
Supervises VP, Clinical Resource Management that is embedded within the organization
Key Interactions IDN Leadership, Facility Leadership, Clinical Directors, Physicians, Chief Medical Officers, Value Analysis Team and HealthTrust Pharmacy and Supply Expense Management Team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
* Provides leadership in the area of supply expense management to contribute to the facility or IDNs overall strategic plan especially as it relates to supply expense.
* Assess and provide leadership in the area of supply expense to guide and support organization s strategy.
* Assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data and make strategic recommendations and executes a course of action.
* Develops, implements, and coordinates within the hospital or system:
* Policies and procedures related to supply cost management and supply chain operations.
* Value Analysis
* Clinical Resource Management Program
* Product standardization and utilization
* Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges.
* Continuously defines and improves customer solutions.
* Coordinates the development and delivery of customer solutions.
* Provides educational opportunities to customers.
* Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within HealthTrust, Parallon Supply Chain Solutions and organization s leadership and staff.
Financial and Clinical Data
* Establishes and meets supply expense savings goals for customers as requested.
* Collaborates with organizations to ensure that the team can track and analyze financial data.
* Provides cost saving enhancement strategies.
* Develops standardized documents, processes, and calculations for use by the supply expense management team to quantify supply savings solutions.
* Demonstrates financial acumen which includes:
* Interpreting a hospital s spend profile to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Review of hospital s monthly financial reports to determine negative and positive variances.
* Demonstrates the ability to perform a basic return on investment model for new programs and additional staff.
* Demonstrates the ability to analyze financial and clinical performance data to identify variation opportunities and make recommendations to the team and organization in alignment with the organization s strategic plan.
* Achieves financial objectives of the business line through managing operational expenses and updating revenue projections.
* Manage projects within scope, time and budget.
* Provides expense saving enhancement strategies.
* Executes on established clinical supply expense improvement agenda incorporating cost, quality and outcomes.
* Drives clinical supply expense improvement through the development and deployment of standard toolkits, processes, and assessments. This includes a continual process to review and update of these toolkits, processes, and assessments.
* Demonstrates an understanding of project management methodologies which include but are not limited to: common processes, setting milestones, practices and tools associated with project management.
* Guides multiple projects and team members simultaneously in a fast paced environment that yield measurable and sustainable results.
* Defines a vision, identifies milestones of success, identifies current gaps, determines whom to work and partner, sets actionable goals, and consistently achieves those goals.
EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree in Business, Health Administration, or Nursing is required. Will consider a graduate of a Professional School of Nursing with related experiences in Value Analysis. A graduate degree is highly preferred at the master s level such as an MSN, MBA, MHA, MS Pharmacy, or PharmD. A graduate degree is highly preferred at the master s level, such as MSN, MHA, MBA, MS, Pharmacy, or PharmD.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years experience in a health care related role with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Previous experience in supply chain, value analysis, clinical supply expense management, or sourcing. Demonstrated, successful project management experience with coordination and measurement of project deliverables. Advance computer skills with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred. Software skills with data warehouse and/or Micro Strategies highly preferred. This individual will demonstrate the ability to work independently and handles stress appropriately; communicates and executes in a matrix organizational structure; adapt to change in workload and work schedule; develops a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: As appropriate to education.
Last Edited: 08/30/2016