Senior Director, Employee Communications 8/12/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Senior Director, Employee Communications
924 Westwood Blvd.
$57.47 / $10000
$138.89 / $24166
Layoff Referral Deadline:
The Executive Director of Employee Communications develops, executes and maintains internal communications strategies and programs to inform, motivate and engage employees to support the goals, values and culture of UCLA Health and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA with its key stakeholders to drive a high performing organization. Develops initiatives that ensure communications connect and align UCLA Health and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA s diverse workforce across all mission areas, internal audiences, hospital campuses and affiliated practices. Works closely with communications & marketing leadership team in advising senior leaders on internal communications strategies and messages. Raises the visibility of the leadership team and trifecta , health sciences, school of medicine and hospital, across the organization.
* Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from c-suite executives to all other employment segments, and effectively manage in a matrix organization
* Understands technology that drives internal communication platforms.
* Can lead multiple projects simultaneously with ability to prioritize varying deadlines
* Effectively able to manage in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
* Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills
* Applied knowledge of measurement and evaluation in communications
* Strong organizational, project management and problem solving skills
* Creative thinker, with proven ability to generate new ideas
* Demonstrated knowledge of health care industry and current/emerging trends
* Strong digital communications background, experience and results and knowledge of new platforms to address diverse employee population in multiple locations
* Proven track record of effectively directing and mentoring internal teams, and managing outside agencies and consultants
* Bachelor s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related fields. Master s degree preferred. Minimum of 12 years experience of progressively increasing responsibility managing the communications function of a complex organization. Background in working with C suite executives, leadership teams, and complex organizations required. Experience in a busy communications office with significant deadlines required. Demonstrated success in managing projects, budgets and ability to build, lead and motivate effective teams.