Senior Director Global Trade Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
The Senior Director Global Trade Services is responsible for developing and maintaining a world-class trade compliance program throughout TE. This role ensures that TE has the right tools, procedures, training, and global support to comply with all applicable import and export regulations. Most critical to success in this role is providing counsel to the business that balances the regulatory requirements while supporting legitimate business in a cost effective way.
This position requires an energetic, take-charge person with a strong background in global customs and export regulations. It requires proactive leadership and the ability to develop and execute to a proven strategy, drive process improvements in key risk areas, provide oversight and technical guidance to the Global Trade Services Team and International Trade Compliance Officers (ITCOs), and conduct effective risk assessment reviews. As part of the Global Trade Services deliverable, the Senior Director will also partner with BU Management in seeking appropriate cost-savings strategies (e.g., utilizing free-trade zones, expanding free trade agreements and duty drawback programs, providing subject matter expert feedback on the location of new factories, and automation of routine trade activities).
This position will interface with ITCOs, customs brokers, freight forwarders, business and corporate management, internal/external legal counsel, customers, suppliers, corporate security, global logistics, and customs agencies.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Oversee the global trade program for $12B of imports and exports covering 500,000 products that include military and dual use items.
* Refine the strategy to ensure the global trade program is meeting the requirements of the company today and in the future.
* Drive efficiencies in operations and strengthen compliance through automation projects such as the central classification database and Trade Automation Export Software.
* Deliver value through enhanced duty reduction programs such as Duty Drawback and participation in global Free Trade Agreements. This includes partnering with the businesses to understand their supply chains and educate them on possible cost reductions related to trade.
* Manage a globally based team of trade professionals. This also includes developing and managing eight separate global budgets within the Law Department.
* Interact with and set priorities for a global network of 70+ indirect reports that include International Trade Compliance Officers based in various plants, distribution centers and offices worldwide.
* Develop import and export training programs on various topics such as Tariff classification, Incoterms, ITAR Controls, and Country of Origin Determination for different functions within the company such as Sales, Procurement, Human Resources, and Logistics.
* Manage outside counsel and internal subject matter experts in making disclosures to government agencies, including Customs and Export Control Agencies such as the State and Commerce Departments
* Conduct Risk Assessments on various facilities to ensure adherence to TE Connectivity Policies and Procedures as well as national and international regulations.
* Responsible for selection of and management of Global Customs Brokerage vendors. This includes contracting, due diligence screening, FCPA certification, and performance measurement through Quarterly Business Reviews.
* Serve as Empowered Official under the State Department registration for TE and interact with the State Department as needed on communications regarding acquisitions, divestitures, changes in ownership of entities, and disclosures.
* Participate on Merger, Acquisition, and Divestitures Team and conduct import and export due diligence reviews on target acquisitions and divestitures.
* Develop metrics to measure and report the accomplishments and the value that the department returns to the BU stakeholders.
* Minimum experience of 12 years in trade and/or trade services related positions. Experience managing international business transactions in multiple countries. Experience in Military and Dual Use Export control regulations.
* Familiarity with various cost reduction strategies and out of the box ideas for reducing global duty costs.
* Experience in the implementing cross-functional processes, and experience working in a matrix reporting structure.
* Experience in mapping and documenting processes.
* Well developed organizational, priority management, and planning skills.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills enabling professional communication to people at all levels of the organization
* Able to operate effectively within a team environment and build consensus among groups.
* Proven problem solving and decision making skills, often with limited or incomplete information.
* Degree in International Trade, Business Administration or Law.
* Ongoing training in import and export regulations.
* International and domestic travel