Senior Director, HR Business Partners - Media Sales 9/17/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The Senior Director, HR Business Partners, Media Sales will partner with the VP of Sales and other senior business leaders across the sales teams, HR leaders and our Centers of Excellence to implement and execute a Human Capital strategy that will support business needs, promote consistency and best practices, as well as align with the Cox Automotive Business Strategy. With input from business leaders and People leaders, he/she will identify HR needs and recommend solutions for the business. The Sr. Director will lead a team of corporate and field based HR Business Partners, across North America, to provide strategic direction, ensure operational excellence within the group and pro-actively lead business initiatives to drive results.
* Contribute to the business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
* Support line management in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy.
* Implement appropriate learning interventions while accounting for learning principles and theories and manage ongoing delivery.
* Facilitate line of sight initiatives to build a high-performing organization aligned with the strategic leadership agenda.
* Ensure leadership and coaching culture is cascaded through the organization.
* Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of business trends and needs.
* Drive the people processes (performance, development, and career) to ensure that employees level of performance and capabilities meet current and future standards.
* Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan as well as participating in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
* Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes.
* Implement HR policies and reward strategy to ensure that all reward decisions are fair and objective.
* Provide expert advice and coaching to employees where appropriate.
* Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns.
* Maintain close contact with the area HR team to work in synchronization with the other business units.
* Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve the HR policies and initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
* Identify and drive the communication and sharing of learning across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Success Criterion & Description
* Engaging with the Business: Understands the business and processes and the link between HR strategy and business strategy.
* Leading and Managing Change: Designs and applies change management and organizational development strategies, influences and assists organizational change initiatives in support of business strategies.
* HR Delivery Excellence: Ensures that HR services are provided as appropriate to internal client needs, identifies new opportunities where HR can add value, and maintains leading-edge knowledge of HR issues.
* Championing Employee Needs: Understands employee opinions, monitors the effect of business decisions on people, and advises senior management on addressing employees concerns.
* Performance: Effectively applies performance management to create a high-performance culture.
* Reward: Understands, communicates, and applies reward strategy.
* Employee Relations: Applies employee relations and employment practices in order to create a positive, ethical, effective work environment.
* Higher education in business administration and/or HR management with 12+ years progressive experience in HR disciplines with a strategic focus or equivalent experience in comparable organizations.
* 5+ years experience managing HR teams and/or previous experience managing people.
* Experience supporting a sales organization.
* Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
* Ability to develop clear, actionable steps from overall strategy
* Previous managerial experience working with a diverse group of individuals
* Extensive knowledge of relevant employment laws
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skill
* Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines and effectively work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to adapt easily to change and to lead others through change
* Ability to work with all levels of management effectively
* Team player
* Customer service orientated
* Basic project management skills
* Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%)
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Implementation of HR plans with a clear link and support to overall business strategy
* All people processes operating efficiently
* HR services meet the agreed needs of internal clients
* Robust local talent pipeline is built
* High performance work environment is embedded that makes the organization a great place to work and delivers commercial success.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Executive
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing