Senior Director, Health Outcomes and Value Assessment (Field) 8/16/2016
Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The Senior Director, Health Outcomes and Value Assessment will be responsible for developing health outcomes and access strategies, research studies, training and communicating clinical, reimbursement value and outcomes assessment in surgical pain management to senior level executives and health care researchers at key global and US national and regional health care executives across industry organizations, including managed care, pharmacy, IDN s, medical groups, payers, employers, patient advocacy organizations and healthcare policy opinion leaders.
This role will collaborate with commercial and field-based Medical Affairs teams, as well as develop relationships with national and regional stakeholders to undertake pain management research initiatives. Will lead development and communication of high impact comparative effectiveness research and quality improvement programs and supports Clinical Outcomes Specialists with field research design and implementation.
* Cross-functional collaboration with commercial (e.g. National Accounts), Medical Affairs (MSL) and internal HOVA team (Clinical Outcomes Specialists, HOVA Research) to develop channel-specific outcomes strategies, assessment and quality improvement plans .
* Provide strategic input and HEOR evidence to support commercial and Government relations lobbying efforts and legislative initiatives on access and reimbursement issues across regions. Work closely alongside regional partners with key payers, industry associations and medical societies as needed to support the business.
* Lead, build and execute research partnerships with key global and US national and regional health care executives across industry organizations, including managed care, pharmacy, IDN s, medical groups, payers, employers, patient advocacy organizations and healthcare policy opinion leaders.
* Drive development of high impact value assessment strategies, tactics and tools to support maximizing product access and utilization across accounts, clinical segments and customers.
* Identify and engage appropriate internal and external stakeholders (clinicians and accounts) for communication of appropriate surgical pain management in a cost containment and quality improvement market environment
* Training and communication of developed and approved resources across all customer segments and field personnel
* Lead development of programs and materials for use by field-based Clinical Outcomes Specialists
* Consult and establish relationship with national and regional (e.g. IDNs, Ambulatory surgery centers, Government/ Military) and local surgical centers
* Communicate account and project activities and provide routine updates to key internal stakeholders
* Field scientific leader in development, analysis and interpretation of health outcomes data and assist customers in use of information with goal of optimizing quality improvement and surgical pain management within their organization or healthcare system.
* Serve as needed in the absence of the Executive Director of Field HOVA at internal or external meetings as needed, and to accompany and mentor more junior Field HOVA personnel.
* Doctoral degree and/or Master s Degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, health services research or health economics from accredited college or university. Clinical training (e.g. MD, DO, RN, PA, PharmD) preferred.
* At least 7 years of experience in designing, conducting, and reporting health economic and outcomes studies with at least 4 years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience required.
* At least 5 years experience as a field-based professional.
* Minimum of 2-5 years post-graduate experience in clinical hospital or surgical setting preferred
* Experience with payer organizations.
* Experience with development of quality-improvement programs, scientific principles of health outcomes and economics research, comparative effectiveness research, evidence-based health management programs
* Prior experience managing field-based HOVA personnel preferred.
* Strong understanding of health outcomes and patient reported research methodologies, analysis, interpretation and communication.
* Demonstrated Executive-level influence and credibility- ability to engage with internal and external senior executives.
* Ability to work independently and in unstructured environment.
* Demonstrated experience in working with national and regional accounts, presenting to senior level executives.
* Prior experience working with payer and employer organizations in HOVA relevant areas.
* Proven ability to build effective senior level partnerships.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
* Exceptional written and oral English communication and presentation skills
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EEO Employer: AA/Disabled/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.