Senior Director, Organizational Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAT EXTRA SPACE STORAGE, IF IT MATTERS TO YOU, IT MATTERS TO US! It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977.Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company's success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
The SR. DIRECTOR OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT will be responsible for all aspects of the Company's talent and leadership development strategy by providing strategic talent consulting to the HR and Executive Leadership Teams to ensure effective delivery of external hiring goals and internal employee development. This is a high impact role requiring a strong, decisive, results-oriented leader who can serve as an internal expert on organizational performance, design, and change, leader and team assessment, as well as development and learning.
The SR. DIRECTOR OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT will be an innovative, collaborative leader who will create a talent development and learning philosophy which advances the company's objectives and embraces our culture.In this role you will serve as part of the Extra Space Storage HR leadership team, reporting to the VP - Human Resources.
* Bachelor's Degreerequired. Masters preferred.
* 10+ years of relevant experience including talent management, leadership development and human resources experience.
* Experience in publicly-traded company with a geographically diverse leadership team
* Ability to manage, motivate and engage employees from various diverse backgrounds at various experience levels
* High degree of business creativity.
* A creative approach to problem solving, with a humble, team oriented and optimistic attitude.
* Proven ability to gauge effectiveness of the organization's leadership and talent development structure and the ability to incorporate this assessment into the establishment of improvements, while strategically driving the Company's talent and leadership strategy.
* Demonstrated experience in succession plan design and implementation.
* Comprehensive knowledge of leadership development principles including familiarity with leadership and talent development, change management, organizational effectiveness, technology based learning, skill development, change management, and process design
* Ability to think strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
* Leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a 'hands-on' role with key projects.
* Ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and effective messages.
* Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels.
* Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
* Up to 25%travelrequired
* Identify opportunities to develop a fully integrated organizational development solution that blends organizational effectiveness, talent development, change management and learning to drive significant improvements in performance, productivity and company climate.
* Assess and diagnose organizational situations, ensuring alignment of business goals with organizational designs and development or recommendation of solutions.
* Partner with the HR leadership team to develop a continual leadership pipeline to ensure strong succession management and leadership development.
* Implement leadership development programs that will drive desired results within the establish culture and values.
* Establish strong relationships with internal partners.
* Measure the impact of development and talent programs to ensure the appropriate business outcome is achieved.
* Assess opportunities for continued improvement, setting goals and establishing metrics for success.
WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON HIRING TOP TALENT AND PROVIDE YOU THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS AND MORE:
* Well defined career paths
* Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
* Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
* Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
* 401K with company match after 90 days of service
* Holiday pay and paid time off
* Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
* Personal Health Advocate
* Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
Job Type: Full-time
* Talent Management: 7 years
* Human Resources: 7 years